Please help me answer this

Somasu

I'm signed oi a "label" but I am starting to get some real concerns about this.

When I signed I was told I had to pay £2000+ to record an EP before they can help me with promotion. I essentially signed a "artist development" deal. I started saving up and then finally recorded the EP.

Before I signed they told me that gigging is involved and everything. And they said they had a lot of faith in my potential etc. We had a plan and schedule to release a single by the end of June 2017 but everything has been fucked up. They now told me my single won't be release until September! Even though we agreed on how things should go back in March.

Since recording this EP - they haven't called me for any face-to-face meetings, they haven't been involved with helping to spread my name across, I haven't even been mentioned in this twitter, facebook, website etc.

They haven't even bothered to help me find shows - the LEAST they could do no matter how small - instead they are asking me to do it myself. There's literally been ZERO involvement. Is this normal?

This is not normal and is not supposed to be business as usual regarding industry politics and if it is no issue to divulge what label are you signed to and are they a physical label, digital label or a hybrid of the two? Do you have legal representation?

Last edited:
Back