Play.com don't use them!

C

CrabbMan

I have recently had a load of CDs from play.com, it was a large order so as you expect there was some problems. But i was amazed when they did not reply to a single e-mail, i have received most of my CDs (which i ordered well over a month ago) but a couple didn't come.

It was a problem with one of their Playtraders (basically an ebay seller). and i am meant to contact them directly, so i did, 3 times no reply. So i thought i'd better e-mail PLAY.COM directly to tell them the situation,

Its now been 5 weeks, ive sent 5 e-mails, (which are apparently replied to within 1 working day), NO reply whatsoever.

Very worried about the security of it all!

Sorry to post a ranting thread, but i don't want this to happen to you guys, and i am F***ED OFF, don't use them!

I have recently had a load of CDs from play.com, it was a large order so as you expect there was some problems. But i was amazed when they did not reply to a single e-mail, i have received most of my CDs (which i ordered well over a month ago) but a couple didn't come.

It was a problem with one of their Playtraders (basically an ebay seller). and i am meant to contact them directly, so i did, 3 times no reply. So i thought i'd better e-mail PLAY.COM directly to tell them the situation,

Its now been 5 weeks, ive sent 5 e-mails, (which are apparently replied to within 1 working day), NO reply whatsoever.

Very worried about the security of it all!

Sorry to post a ranting thread, but i don't want this to happen to you guys, and i am F***ED OFF, don't use them!

They worked for me. Did you try contacting them by phone? They always resolved any issues I had over the phone. I think you did somethong wrong and are not telling the full truth.

You can believe what u want, the original post says it how it is.

Yeah usually support is faster/better/easier by phone, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't check or answer their mails. Especially if they say they need one working day to reply...

Anyway, thanks for sharing this experience with us. I usually never buy on any sites, except Beatport for digital files and Discogs or even eBay if it's rare for Vinyls/CDs...

I bought a rare CD from England some weeks ago (on eBay), but it hasn't arrived. I told them and was a bit upset and I immediately got a refund, without even asking. Of course, if it still shows up, I'm gonna transfer the money again. I'm more upset but the CD being stolen/lost than my money... but at least they're correct, and I don't think you can go wrong with people on eBay or Discogs - even if they're all individuals selling their stuff on those sites, the guidelines don't allow you anymore to fraud people, it's basically impossible, especially with PayPal. So be careful where you buy your stuff! :)

Back