Placements

FlyBlimp

Wanted to see how you guys go about getting your placements. I think the best way to build your brand is to send beats to fairly new artists directly. Artists who will actually see them. It's a real strategy that can lead to the big placement everyone expects to get overnight without building their brand. My few placements have come from messaging artists I like on soundcloud and twitter, then sending over no more than 4 beats at a time, and usually never getting a response. However when you do get a response and it turns into a finished song it makes all the emails worth it.

I would really love to hear other ways you guys go about getting artists emails. I've used websites like sendbeatsto.com but it has never turned into anything. Any other strategies people use?

And if anyone else has been doing this for a while and has any advice on how to take it to the next step please let me know.

Thanks.

--
@flyblimp

Hey,

I run SendBeatsTo.com, sorry that nothings turned into anything with any beats you've sent through us yet.

As you probably know the artists receive hundreds/thousands of beats when they're looking for beats, so the process can be very long and you may not hear anything for months, even years. The placement opportunities we list on the site are to keep the site fresh with new content and to keep bringing visitors back, our main focus is actually on tracking your beats so that you know who has them and what (if anything) they're doing with them.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,
Iain

Back