Piracy Copyright?

SmokeGDP

If the program 'fruity loops' or a VST like 'nexus' has been pirated, is it possible to get those tracks copyrighted or is it going to be licensed to whoever uploaded the torrent? I have proof "I" made the track and have the flp files, so would I be safe sending material in, or should I buy the program and all VST's before copyrighting them? then just re-export all my flp's.. I would be happy to buy the programs and am going to do so soon, I'm just eager to release material.

Definitley buy the programs, there is embedded copy protection built in that will print data on any track you export from there. Any royalties will then be registered directly the the owners of the software license. Companies that crack software also input their own code so they will receive the royalties. That's how they make so much money giving away programs for "free". The only way to fully protect and copyright your beats are to purchase the license to the software

This is true. I tried to sell a hot ass trap banger (MEEK MILL-YOUNG THUG-TYPE TRAP BANGER) a month ago. When I try to copyright it, the government copyright office told me the beat was already tagged and licensed to Native Instruments and FL-Studio. I told them, "yeah, I torrented the software, I was gunna buy it, but a nigga need to feed these streets with these trap bangers". So yeah, buy the software or all your royalties and rights automatically go to the software companies. But if you send the copyright office a note telling them you specifically torrented the software used for the track and which torrents you used, they will take care of it for you though.

Definitley buy the programs, there is embedded copy protection built in that will print data on any track you export from there. Any royalties will then be registered directly the the owners of the software license. Companies that crack software also input their own code so they will receive the royalties. That's how they make so much money giving away programs for "free". The only way to fully protect and copyright your beats are to purchase the license to the software

Awesome, good info. I'll start saving. :4theloveofgod:However, would the companies "code" be erased if I put the exported "wav." or "mp3." in audacity then exported it from there? Sorta like overwriting the information stamped on from Fuirty loops? Thank you for your post. :cool:

Awesome, good info. I'll start saving. :4theloveofgod:However, would the companies "code" be erased if I put the exported "wav." or "mp3." in audacity then exported it from there? Sorta like overwriting the information stamped on from Fuirty loops? Thank you for your post. :cool:
You would think that would be the case, but no. These companies spend millions of dollars embedding their information into every bit of the software to make sure pira....errr...users like us who just want to make music will get screwed when copyright time comes. I mean, think about it, with all the "free" software out there, why aren't the companies doing more to stop it? Because with hard-audio transcoding, they don't have to. The only other people that can "scrub" this info out of the files are the copyright officials, but in order for them to do this effectively, they need to know which software you used and how you acquired it. But this is only if you don't have the means to buy the software but need to copyright your tracks quickly.

I am having a hard time not laughing at the obvious bs in the responses in this thread

however, if you went and bought the sw as a result it achieved its purpose

I am having a hard time not laughing at the obvious bs in the responses in this thread

however, if you went and bought the sw as a result it achieved its purpose

Seemed like valid information, but you look like a veteran, so what's your input on the subject? Also whats a "sw"?

What if I stole a MPC, a midi keyboard, and a laptop from my baby's momma's nephew after he got locked up for two years for violating his parole? How they gone know what I used? I just made 100 trap beats last weekend. I gotta get this paper, bruh. Is the government gone look out for a young boss or what?

What if I stole a MPC, a midi keyboard, and a laptop from my baby's momma's nephew after he got locked up for two years for violating his parole? How they gone know what I used? I just made 100 trap beats last weekend. I gotta get this paper, bruh. Is the government gone look out for a young boss or what?

If you give them half your publishing they'll look the other way. Ain't shit free.

Seemed like valid information, but you look like a veteran, so what's your input on the subject? Also whats a "sw"?

sw = software

there is no way that sw makers would attempt to insert code into the sw, let alone into your tracks, that highlights the unauthorised use of their sw in making a track - even a cracked version would not generate the code as it would believe that it was a legal piece of sw

That is to say, how is it testing to know whether to insert the code or not? by validating the serial number(s) or other license monitoring mechanisms such as i-lok, e-licenser, ignition key, etc. If these are thought to be in place then the code would not be included

in addition the submission services for registration in the USA are not set up to scan the audio file for anything other than length and maybe any id3 tags included in the file. copyright is only required to be registered in teh USA, other countries automatically allow copyright to be applied to new creative works as soon as they achieve a physical form (e.g. cd, dvd, printed, etc)

sw = software

there is no way that sw makers would attempt to insert code into the sw, let alone into your tracks, that highlights the unauthorised use of their sw in making a track - even a cracked version would not generate the code as it would believe that it was a legal piece of sw

That is to say, how is it testing to know whether to insert the code or not? by validating the serial number(s) or other license monitoring mechanisms such as i-lok, e-licenser, ignition key, etc. If these are thought to be in place then the code would not be included

in addition the submission services for registration in the USA are not set up to scan the audio file for anything other than length and maybe any id3 tags included in the file. copyright is only required to be registered in teh USA, other countries automatically allow copyright to be applied to new creative works as soon as they achieve a physical form (e.g. cd, dvd, printed, etc)

Awesome. appreciate your maturity, time, and help, sir. :)

If I was just getting started I 'd probably just buy FL Studio and download some free drum kits and sound fonts from reputable sources.
The stock sounds plus those DL's are more than enough to get you in the game.

HAHA HAHAHA. man you are fake af. Just shut up with you negativity. :cool:

the things said by exclusivo were the subtext of my posts

I suggest that you stop and think about what you say to individuals here at fp - there is a low tolerance for abuse of any sort

Back