Piracy

OGBama

If you are an artist and/or producer how do you deal with piracy and have you had music stolen?

Difficult in this day-and-age. Stay vigilant. Watch your contracts and agreements, and Google your music every once in awhile to see what's happening.

I have downloads available all over the Internet, and I'm pretty sure that a fair amount of them aren't authorized, but I signed-up for digital distribution with an aggregator and they've got it all over the freakin' world, and I've lost track of what's what. All I know is it makes little difference practically, as it's extremely hard to make any income whatsoever from .00001 cent per play/stream/download, so in practical terms, it's all "piracy" to me, authorized or not.

GJ

Google is your friend, use it!!! When I release a "sample" for people to preview I add in a "sample audio" voice over especially on soundcloud and even youtube; both have downloaders online which allow an individual to basically steal your music. If they want to full song without the voice over then they have to purchase it!

Back