personal experiences w/ gaining a fan base in your city

RodneyDellis

i get alot of plays online, but i need a personal connection between networking an gaining a fanbase what are your experiences with this??

not asking for suggestion, just trying see what you all do to get fans in your city.

thx

i get alot of plays online, but i need a personal connection between networking an gaining a fanbase what are your experiences with this??

not asking for suggestion, just trying see what you all do to get fans in your city.

thx

Please tells us what you mean by personal connection are you speaking in terms of collecting data or shaking hands?

thx

If you want to start from grass roots level you've gotta use the resources you have. Examples could be connecting at school or getting a job in "the industry" (eg: DJ, promoter, etc ). What I've seen out in the bay (San Francisco - California) is being active on the streets plays a big part. Being "from somewhere" and starting from there (eg: your hood) or hit the streets has been the recipe for several people including myself. The first few artists I worked with were from my hood and we still remain in contact to this day.

Here's an example of someone you might know of: Berner (Taylor gang ) is from SF. He used to be out everywhere on foot pushin his music. Same thing with countless other acts around here. E40 years back used to push his music out of the trunk too.

My examples are people who move in hip hop circles but I wouldn't be surprised if this applies to all genres.

These people gained influence from being out and about and connecting with people in person through the avenues they had available to them.

Thats really it. There's no crazy formula.
Have good music and get out and meet people.
If you do good business and know how to talk to people doors will open.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Here's an example of someone you might know of: Berner (Taylor gang ) is from SF. He used to be out everywhere on foot pushin his music. Same thing with countless other acts around here.

Good Luck.

Lets be honest... Berner was already rich.. he had money and was able to buy sick beats and pay for features and other rappers to do albums with him like Jacka, Messy Marv, Amichino, ect.... that is how he got his name out there.... Rap wise he is not that good... do u think he would be signed to Taylor Gang if he didn't own marijuana dispensary stores?

Lets be honest... Berner was already rich.. he had money and was able to buy sick beats and pay for features and other rappers to do albums with him like Jacka, Messy Marv, Amichino, ect.... that is how he got his name out there.... Rap wise he is not that good... do u think he would be signed to Taylor Gang if he didn't own marijuana dispensary stores?

So other people should follow his direction. Get rich and then use that money to get a record deal.

Go to local show get the info of anyone performing that is dope then collaborate them so you can utilize their fanbase to grow local then repeat weekly until summer.

Back