Paying for YouTube Promotion vs Organic

B.EaZYbeats

Hey guys,

I've been making music for a few years on and off, but recently decided to start trying to sell. In the past week, I've posted about 8-9 videos on my YouTube channel. I know it hasn't been long, but I'm barely getting any views (so far, an average of a few per video).

I do work a regular middle-class job, and have the money to spend on advertising. Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences with this. Was paying for YouTube promotion effective? How much did you spend and for how long? Am I really just being impatient?

Thanks,

-B.

​No, just give your beats away to young and popular artists to record over. When they get famous, you get famous. Free promotion is how the game is won!

​No, just give your beats away to young and popular artists to record over. When they get famous, you get famous. Free promotion is how the game is won!

If You give out too much free stuff Your work looses its value and helps to kill the beat making game as income.
Also If You give someone free beat, they will be expecting free beats from there on. Plus usually serious artists who get to the famous level pays for the beats and promotions. The ones who use all free stuff rarely gets on top.

Don't pay for promo as this is the era where most of the people who can/do pay for promo either: already have pockets that are beyond deep, or are still approaching Hip Hop as a "sweet lick" that is a guaranteed come up.

Nothing is truly free in this era (never was in prior ones) but this is the era where people are selling the dream of the perception of an actual fan base via bots, etc.

Don't pay for promo as this is the era where most of the people who can/do pay for promo either: already have pockets that are beyond deep, or are still approaching Hip Hop as a "sweet lick" that is a guaranteed come up.

Nothing is truly free in this era (never was in prior ones) but this is the era where people are selling the dream of the perception of an actual fan base via bots, etc.

For example. I have seen few YouTube blogger and gaming channels from My country to give a promo or shootout or make a video with them on live stream for a donation, and the results was really good. It is kinda good way of promotion. You have to have interesting stuff for people to stick around tho. :)

If You give out too much free stuff Your work looses its value and helps to kill the beat making game as income.
Also If You give someone free beat, they will be expecting free beats from there on. Plus usually serious artists who get to the famous level pays for the beats and promotions. The ones who use all free stuff rarely gets on top.
You are making stuff up. Just whip up 20 beats and shop them to a bunch of rappers. If they want more, tell them they have to pay. If they don’t want to pay, you move on and work with other people. You have to be willing to give up a few beats to draw attention to yourself. a beat is nothing these days. Rappers can steal beats. You give out a few beats to build a relationship. If it doesn’t pop off, work with other people.

You are making stuff up. Just whip up 20 beats and shop them to a bunch of rappers. If they want more, tell them they have to pay. If they don’t want to pay, you move on and work with other people. You have to be willing to give up a few beats to draw attention to yourself. a beat is nothing these days. Rappers can steal beats. You give out a few beats to build a relationship. If it doesn’t pop off, work with other people.

I think You are making stuff up.

"ust whip up 20 beats and shop them to a bunch of rappers. If they want more, tell them they have to pay."
That is not a relationship building at all. That is how a drug game works by giving out free samples to junkies.
I do Rap also and if someone gives Me a free beat and then asks money, I know he is here only to make money and nothing more. He do not care about Me or My stuff really, so why should I care about him or his beats.

As You said, beats are nothing these days right, so fu*k this guy...why should I buy the second beat after the free one?? I just hop on another fool giving away free stuff and keep on going without paying at all, laughing at the lazy bum producers not valuing their time they put in developing skill and making a beat. As one dude once said, people will always listen to instrumentals, but they will not listen to just vocal tracks, so rappers need beats while beats dont really need them.

They cant steal the beats efficiently if You tag them. Before I used the tags, people actually stole the beats and uploaded them as their own. Took them down. Since I been tagging, no one has really stolen. :)

I think You are making stuff up.

"ust whip up 20 beats and shop them to a bunch of rappers. If they want more, tell them they have to pay."
That is not a relationship building at all. That is how a drug game works by giving out free samples to junkies.
I do Rap also and if someone gives Me a free beat and then asks money, I know he is here only to make money and nothing more. He do not care about Me or My stuff really, so why should I care about him or his beats.

As You said, beats are nothing these days right, so fu*k this guy...why should I buy the second beat after the free one?? I just hop on another fool giving away free stuff and keep on going without paying at all, laughing at the lazy bum producers not valuing their time they put in developing skill and making a beat. As one dude once said, people will always listen to instrumentals, but they will not listen to just vocal tracks, so rappers need beats while beats dont really need them.

They cant steal the beats efficiently if You tag them. Before I used the tags, people actually stole the beats and uploaded them as their own. Took them down. Since I been tagging, no one has really stolen. :)

So how much money are you making from your beats?

So how much money do you make?

Why are You so eager to know that? One thing I have learned from life is to never give numbers of paycheck to people, especially if You dont even know them. <- Take a note on that part, it will be useful in life for You.
I got roof over the head, bills are covered and I have a food on table, make some math if You want to know it so badly, who cares. :)

Why are You so eager to know that? One thing I have learned from life is to never give numbers of paycheck to people, especially if You dont even know them. <- Take a note on that part, it will be useful in life for You.
I got roof over the head, bills are covered and I have a food on table, make some math if You want to know it so badly, who cares. :)

Man, you tripping.

You think I’m trying to rob you or something? If you are scared to tel, it’s cool. I will just assume you make about $15 an hour. That’s about $30,000 a year before taxes. Trust me, I am not about to set you up for that amount of money.

It’s all good. We gotta start somewhere.

Back