Is paying rappers for verses worth it?

Royalp

obviously there is no correct answer to this.. I was more on the lines looking to hear peoples experience with buying verses from a rapper with a larger fan base than yourself.. (I mean buying a verse for a collab song that the rapper is on with me, not having another rapper right lyrics for me)... I am thinking about buying a verse from a underground rapper who is very popular in the region I live in.. Im not necessarily looking to make all my money back from sales of the song. But am thinking about buying the verse cuz I feel our styles are similar and fans that like his music would like me too.. I know of several sites that cater to my regions music get good amount of traffic that would post the song of his on their page for sure cuz he is one of the biggest names out here... if anyone has bought a verse from someone before I would like to hear your good or bad experiences...

Did the rapper give you a shitty or recycled verse?
How did you promote the song?
Did you try to earn money from the song? iTunes, Spotify, ect?
Did you earn money back from sales of the song?
Did you gain fans from doing the collab song?

Last edited:
obviously there is no correct answer to this.. I was more on the lines looking to hear peoples experience with buying verses from a rapper with a larger fan base than yourself.. (I mean buying a verse for a collab song that the rapper is on with me, not having another rapper right lyrics for me)... I am thinking about buying a verse from a underground rapper who is very popular in the region I live in.. Im not necessarily looking to make all my money back from sales of the song. But am thinking about buying the verse cuz I feel our styles are similar and fans that like his music would like me too.. I know of several sites that cater to my regions music get good amount of traffic that would post the song of his on their page for sure cuz he is one of the biggest names out here... if anyone has bought a verse from someone before I would like to hear your good or bad experiences...

Did the rapper give you a shitty or recycled verse?
How did you promote the song?
Did you try to earn money from the song? iTunes, Spotify, ect?
Did you earn money back from sales of the song?
Did you gain fans from doing the collab song?

It depends on your end goal. I stick to licensing. When I work with artists, it's when I have a request from a music publisher for something specific and it's going on film/tv

Back