Is Paid YouTube Promo Worth It?

syfer1324

if you're just trying to boost your views so people see your stuff and check out your other pages and beatstars and stuff is it worth it to use the youtube promotion thing they have built in? I was thinking of just throwing down a couple dollars here and there for a small boost to see if my music is any good yet or not.

when you put a cap for spending on it that's all you spend right? Like it doesnt keep taking out the money every day/week but just the one time right? can anyone tell me if this ever worked for selling their beats?

Last edited:
You should figure out if your music is good enough or not before you promote it, especially if you're paying money to promote it. You can just as easily promote bad songs and turn people away from your music.

but idk, it depends how much it costs compared to how much you'll make from doing it. It's probably not looking good if your goal is to grow. Advertising is really only something for big companies to remind people about them once a week/month. It's not meant to grow your business if your business is new and small. It can very easily shrink it if you mess up, and you can lose money.

If you think your songs/beats compete with the best of them, and it doesn't cost a lot with good evidence you'll make money, ...go for it. Idk your business so I can't say if it'll work or not.

Last edited:
my old youtube channel had someone asking to buy my beat and someone asked to use my other one i posted one of my newer beats on a forum and someone asked to use it

Paid advertisements are tough for up-and-comers. I think most of the time they aren't the most effective, but if you've got faith in your work maybe try out a small campaign (don't put too much in) and see how that goes. If you're looking for FREE places to post your work and get heard, we're starting up a website that's focused on hip-hop production, so it'll be easier to be seen there (soundcloud and youtube just have so much content already).

Try us out! beatthread.com

Back