Paid Facebook Advertising

Official Bee

Hi guys, I have a Facebook page for my production (atypical Hip-Hop, R&B) and here are my results of paid promotion so far:
- I've multiplied my total like count by 1.5x in the last 3 days - I'm up to 250 now.
- My new beat on SC received over 400 plays in 3 days, more than 2x what some beats got in a few months

However, what are your opinions on paid promotion in general?
Is it worth it (I've paid $40 so far)? Are some FB likes & SC traffic "fake" like bots?

What are some effective "tags, hashtags, common likes" to include for my targeted audience so I can advertise to an even more accurate crowd?
Can you name some other websites besides FB/Twitter where I can effectively market my music to potential leasers/buyers/artists to produce for?

Any other marketing tips would be helpful thanks!

Paid promotion can help but on some real sh*t you are probably throwing your money away if its not targeted correctly.
The truth is you'll probably run out of money before you see significant results.

Another approach you can take on behalf of your movement is to keep your money in your pocket and use your internet connection to:

-do some market research to learn about the [spending] habits of your target market so that you can learn how to effectively get yourself in front of them.
-test different social platforms to see what type of responses you get - not all social media outlets yield the same response.
-focus on building direct relationships with artists though music platforms and use those sites to engage with artists and build relationships with them instead of waiting for them to find you online. <== Try and understand that [artists looking for you] will happen naturally after you build up momentum behind your movement.

Try this: On Soundcloud, search for artists who upload acapellas and remix their music. If it comes out cool then shoot them the finished track. If they like it maybe you can do a few more songs together and push those. - Its way easier to get noticed when your music is a complete song vs a beat plus instead of just you pushing your music you now have another person pushing your music too. Do this with enough people and you''ll have built a 'street team' to help in the promotion of your music.

Rinse and repeat to scale it up.

This approach is just one of many available to you [that will eventually translate into $$$] if you think outside the box and focus on making good songs and building relationships.

Remember 10 targeted likes trumps 10,000 random likes everytime.

'Fake it til you make it' is dead.

Get out there and build.

Good Luck.

your asking us? we should asking you how it is... is it worth it? i'm honestly thinking about paid promotion.. but i don't think it's needed.. the cream of the crop always rises at the end of the day

Paid promotion can help but on some real sh*t you are probably throwing your money away if its not targeted correctly.
The truth is you'll probably run out of money before you see significant results.

Another approach you can take on behalf of your movement is to keep your money in your pocket and use your internet connection to:

-do some market research to learn about the [spending] habits of your target market so that you can learn how to effectively get yourself in front of them.
-test different social platforms to see what type of responses you get - not all social media outlets yield the same response.
-focus on building direct relationships with artists though music platforms and use those sites to engage with artists and build relationships with them instead of waiting for them to find you online. <== Try and understand that [artists looking for you] will happen naturally after you build up momentum behind your movement.

Try this: On Soundcloud, search for artists who upload acapellas and remix their music. If it comes out cool then shoot them the finished track. If they like it maybe you can do a few more songs together and push those. - Its way easier to get noticed when your music is a complete song vs a beat plus instead of just you pushing your music you now have another person pushing your music too. Do this with enough people and you''ll have built a 'street team' to help in the promotion of your music.

Rinse and repeat to scale it up.

This approach is just one of many available to you [that will eventually translate into $$$] if you think outside the box and focus on making good songs and building relationships.

Remember 10 targeted likes trumps 10,000 random likes everytime.

'Fake it til you make it' is dead.

Get out there and build.

Good Luck.

That's what i was about to say!

I confess I was tempted to pay. But I didn't because I don't know if it'll improve the actual "buy need" from the public. Specially with a restrict genre like dark ambient.

I confess I was tempted to pay. But I didn't because I don't know if it'll improve the actual "buy need" from the public. Specially with a restrict genre like dark ambient.

You create dark ambient music? I listened to your Bandcamp page. You should get into music licensing, if you have not already done it. There is a market for this type of music. Submit some of your music to the music libraries out there.

Here is a list:

4 Elements Music
5 Alarm Music
615 Music
8118 Music
Amphibious Zoo
APEX Music
APM
Brand X Music
BrG Music Works
Cezame Music
clear Music
Cue Music
DownPat Music
FirstCom
Immediate Music
Jack Attack Tracks
Killer Tracks
konsonant
Manhattan Production Music
Master Recs
Megatrax Production Music
MusicBox
Music Beyond
Non-Stop Production Music
OGM Music
Ole MusicBox
Omnimusic
Pacifica Music
PigFactory
PITCH hammer Music
PostHaste
red Cola
Rick Krizman Music
RipTide Music
Stephen Arnold Music
Studio 51 Music
The License Lab
The Vault
TRF Music
Universal Publishing Production Music
Vanacore Music
Videohelper
Warner/Chappell Production Music
X-Ray Dog Music

Contact all of the companies on this list and see if they are accepting new submissions. Your music could be used on a TV show or movie. You will get paid for this!

By the way, what equipment do you use? I am looking into creating music like this.

Last edited:
Back