Opinions on this contract offer for my production group: Beatsmith

J1TheGod

J1TheGod
Well, the contract itself is not done yet but I asked for a rough draft. I needed something to give me a basic outline with the main clauses and shit... I do have a bit more information about the contract offer but what I'm about to post is quite lengthy... so (and thanks in advance):

Here's a few of the clauses. Keep in mind, these are not final yet and just form a part of the overall contract:

Upon all involved parties agreeing to this contract, this contract shall last for a period of 730 days, after which it may be renewed if all involved parties will to do so.

Regime Records will receive ownership of 40% of the artist's total ownership of all musical and non-musical content pertaining to the artist's career that was created and/or released by the artist and those affiliated with the artist during the duration of this contract.

Any guest appearance of the artist on releases that are not released under Regime Records must carry the notice "By courtesy of Regime Records".

In return, Regime Records will:

Exploit the artist's productions to its maximum capability.

Provide R200,000.00 in image development credit (Hereafter 'ID Credit') pertaining to various forms of photoshoots, graphic design, web development, mobile app development and social media marketing.

ID credit may not be converted to actual cash by the artist at any given time.

Spending of ID credit will be discussed with the artist for each item, however, Regime Records has the final say over all decisions.

Regime Records will receive ownership of 40% on all material and content that come in existence through the spending of ID credits.

All spending of ID credit has to be noted via an official invoice from whichever company was used to do the work in question.

If this contract is violated by the artist to the point that Regime Records decides to terminate the contract due to the artist's negligence, the artist will be liable to pay back 60% of the total sum of ID credit that has been spent or has to be spend to fulfill agreements made with any and all third party companies between the 'signing date' and the 'termination date'.
in summary, it's a 360 deal where Regime Records takes care of everything related to image, connections, exploiting your music, getting big collabos secured, collecting royalties, etc

not trying to sell you anything man but on my site I have a contract bundles available written by a top entertainment lawyer that you can customize just look at the right side of my site for the contract ad it worth the time to check out the offer if you're serious about needing a contract

The Walking on Water Media/Ent. Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King

If you are talking money, get yourself an attorney to negotiate on your behalf. It'll save your ass in the long run and your bases will be covered. Don't sign unless someone looks it over that knows entertainment law.

@FatalTone Nah, I'M being offered, not the other way around.
@Alkota, ye I'm gonna do that, I'm just sending it as many places as I can and gather as many opinions as possible so I can make an informed decision when it's finalized.

Back