Online marketing vs in person marketing?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I live in Atlanta and I also run my own website Rob Dolla$ Beats

As you guys know, Atlanta is the hip-hop mecca center right now and there are shows and artists performing and networking every night. Then we all also know every one of those artists including artists that aren't there are also on the internet. My question is with proper branding and marketing, and even business cards to physically hand out, which way of marketing do you guys think will give me better results? Online marketing as I am now or should I be going out to a lot more shows and functions in my city every night and handing out business cards and rocking t-shirts with my logo and brand on it?

both and more? lol they're both good ideas. I think the internet is a lot more effective, but both are important.

Last edited:
both and more? lol they're both good ideas. I think the internet is a lot more effective, but both are important.

Cool thanks for the response. So do you spend a lot of time on stuff like Facebook or SoundCloud or Twitter messaging and trying to get artists attention and go to your beats store? Or is that a waste of time? I use FaceBook Ads should I also be using Google Ads?

It seems spending so much time marketing I hardly have time to make beats but I hardly get sales and that needs to change because I have invested a lot into my business and I need more to show for it.

Soundcloud. Soundcloud is for music, right?. I don't use Facebook at all, tbh. Facebook doesn't really have a specific topic. It's all...just too random. This website is also very effective because people here understand music and enjoy music production. Snapchat is also strangely effective at getting fans to see behind the scenes into you work.

Also as the saying goes, quality products sell themselves. Focus more effort on your craft, and a less on marketing, but still do both of course.

This is what I know so far, I'm sure there's a lot more to learn.

Last edited:
Soundcloud. Soundcloud is for music, right?. I don't use Facebook at all, tbh. Facebook doesn't really have a specific topic. It's all...just too random. This website is also very effective because people here understand music and enjoy music production. Snapchat is also strangely effective at getting fans to see behind the scenes into you work.

Also as the saying goes, quality products sell themselves. Focus more effort on your craft, and a less on marketing, but still do both of course.

This is what I know so far, I'm sure there's a lot more to learn.
Appreciate your feedback man you have been pretty engaged with my threads and questions much respect!

Check out Rob Dolla$ Beats I have been making beats for about 7+ years I get pretty good feedback most of the time not really any negative responses. Tell me what you think and about my prices and stuff. Maybe that's why I'm not getting sales?

You have a good website. What stream player are you using? I like how it can sort by mood. hmm, the prices seem alright for a lease, right? I only sell music through iTunes and amazon but I have some stuff to learn! The sites cool though. Nice.

You have a good website. What stream player are you using? I like how it can sort by mood. hmm, the prices seem alright for a lease, right? I only sell music through iTunes and amazon but I have some stuff to learn! The sites cool though. Nice.

Thanks a lot I am currently using beatstars. Check out my SoundClick page as well SoundClick artist: Rob Dollas Beats - For business inquires please send emails to RobDollasBeats@iCloud.com

And as far as the prices go I am almost tempted to double the license cost of everything because I feel I deserve more money and it sucks to promote all day to get an mp3 lease sale of $25. Thats worse than a part time job to work 8 hours+ for $25 - paypal commission lol. Something gotta give for sure.

While it is important to focus on your craft, you should focus on marketing just as much.

If people don't know you or can't find you, you will never sell a beat. Period. I don't care how dope your beats are.

Nothing sells itself if there is 0 marketing involved.

Back