Not Reporting Performance Organization on purpose

B-Cool

I'm starting to deep dive into licensing my tracks. All my tracks are registered with ASCAP, but I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't even report my performance organization because if my tracks are royalty free they are more likely to get placed. What do you guys think?

I work in advertising and I know sometimes when you need a quick track for $200 they go straight to the royalty free pile.

You got to consider the environment

Logical Styles,

Have you used ProductionTrax.com? When filling out the PRO info, they almost suggest you don't report your PRO. It says something like:

Enter your PRO: (keep in mind tracks submitted that don't have a PRO are cheaper and more likely to get placed)

That would make me a bit nervous. Every music licensing company that I've dealt with strongly encourages you to register your music with a PRO and to list that info when you submit tracks. If you skip that step then you are making sure you never see a dime beyond that initial license fee. The royalty money is where you will get the most pay in the long run. I'm still getting paid off of songs I licensed 5 years ago. Why walk away from that money?

While it may be true that the beats with no PRO listed will move quicker you are definitely shorting yourself on the money.

Last edited:
Logical Styles,

Have you used ProductionTrax.com? When filling out the PRO info, they almost suggest you don't report your PRO. It says something like:

Enter your PRO: (keep in mind tracks submitted that don't have a PRO are cheaper and more likely to get placed)

sound like productionTrax.com is crating to broke artists that going to make a songs that will never see outside of a bedroom or their homeboy's car

Register everything! **** royalty free work. When it comes to licensing all of your loot is backend/publishing.

Back