nonexclusive beats?

i think cheap rapper wont them or rapper wont aint that serious bout they rappin or who just aint got the money 4 ex. i sold non ex in never heard da sng

Hey if the artist wants a non exclsuive beat Im goin to sell them that beat. Untill they can cough up $500.00 that is. Not everybody has money like that so whats wrong with sellin a non exclsuive beats. If you ask me I see nothin wrong with this at all. Get you weight up

I agree to a point. People just need to understand that in terms of non exclusive beats, they aren't meant for artists to blow up with. they're an inexpensive alternative to being able to make "original" music. Somewhat like buying DAW's (Digital Audio Workstations) like Reason or Fruity Loops which cost no more than $300 as opposed to having to purchase equipment like an MPC, Triton, or Fantom. As a producer myself would much rather sell exclusives for much higher prices but the fact of the matter is, especially on the internet, the majority of the people looking for beats right now are looking for low cost solutions. So in conclusion I think that non exclusives serve their purpose as long as people stay realistic and don't view them as the end all solution to their music needs.

8 Bars

i know many producers that are real successfull non exclusive sellers... they sell their beats for up to $60 each and make around 6,000 a month... i get what your saying about being distinctive and what not but not every rapper or singer has a 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 that us producers charge for exclusive right so thats how non exclusive plays a roll in the market

riddims are no different then any other beat... if you feel you can spit or sing your heart out over the beat way better then the others.. then go for it

whats the best way to go about selling non-exclusives online? i've got some tunes up on soundclick at:

http://www.soundclick.com/customer

that i think are pretty decent, and im sure people would pay for.. but whats the best way to get the word out to people? rocbattle? just hit up forums?

thanks for the advice - lotta level-headed cats on this forum.

not everybody is ready for album beats in which they would buy exclusive. They use nonex beats for performances and mixtapes. Plus hobbyist buy non ex beats too.

you all are lookin at this one sided because Reggae artist do it all the time its called a Riddim and yes 20 artist will willingly jump on the same beat and do their thing. LIL John has done the same thing to Ciara and Petty so there are artist out there that use the same beat but, you are so right you dont want to START your career off like that.

Very interesting post and lots of information. I think bottom line, it depends on what the artist or person interested is truly looking for. And I do think that the non exclusive beats can cater more to those that are just wanting to see what they can do with some beats and trying to put together something at home perhaps, or even more so with people wanting mixtapes but not really caring so much that others may have bought the beat.

For those that tend to buy non exclusives from me, it's usually the case with mixtapes or putting together something on the side either just for the enjoyment of it or because they're wanting to see the hype they receive in their neighborhood first. It probably wouldn't make sense to drop a few hundred or so for a beat to just build buzz and wind up being a flop. I mean, if I were deeply serious about it and knew I had that momentum from the crowds, then I would absolutely invest (keyword) in some exclusive beats for an upcoming album or project. But if I wasn't sure what people would think of me just yet, and I was trying to see how things go, then I may try to jump on some non exclusives first, see how things go, and if they went well, then I'd jump the exclusive route when I made some money, and if they didn't go so well, then I only lose a small amount.

I think it really depends completely on the artist, the drive, and what the person is willing to invest in themselves, or where they feel they may be at the moment though. Funny though is that nowadays, it seems that there's more people not even wanting to invest in exclusive beats, feeling that they're just so lyrically gifted that you should be willing to just HAND THEM FREE exclusive beats left and right! I know several producer friends that have been encountering this more and more, so the question now may not even be "non exclusive or exclusive", it should be "free or invest". Hard to say which direction the hip hop game is going now and what upcoming artists feel they should be given or entitled to rather than what they should invest in. Bottom line, if you want to get into the industry, you're going to have to also invest in it... that old saying, "Nothing is free". Just my thoughts... much respect to all producers / beatmakers, whether you're doing non exclusives and exclusives, or exclusives only, or anything else you may be doing to get your beat hustle on.

Genycis

There is nothing wrong with selling nonexclusive beats it's just how you go about it. If you want to be a $5.00 beat whore then go head be my guest. I have been in the music industry for years I seen nonexclusive beats go for $5,000 it's all in your hustle. Here's the thing though people come back to get exclusive rights for that track you sold 1,000 times you know why? If you present yourself as a business and your music is hot your going to win. You know why because artist have ego's and want to say they were the ones who kilt your track the best. The nonexclusive game is not new it's been brought down to a lower level with producers or should I say copycats that have no idea how to market their beats. The main issue is why are producers giving away free beats you can create value in other ways. Great post!!!!!!!

You make a pretty good point! If you want to make an impact on the industry then dont worry about what other producers are doing. Sell yourself as if you are the only producer out there. If you work is good and you know how to condone your business professionally then your music will sell whether they are exclusives or non-exclusives!!! Really in all actuality it all depends on what works best for you!!! How are you making your income!!! Thats what you really gotta think about!!!

"SliCe Productions"

Back