Non-exclusive Leases and Collabs.

TySmash

It seems simple to work out a contract between two beat makers splitting the cash when the beat is sold exclusively, but how does non-exclusive leasing work? Is there a legit way to make sure both people get paid, beyond just trusting each other to be honest about what they lease out and sending money? It seems unfair for me to lease a beat for 25 bucks, but have the other person who worked on the beat not get paid, and vice versa.

It seems simple to work out a contract between two beat makers splitting the cash when the beat is sold exclusively, but how does non-exclusive leasing work? Is there a legit way to make sure both people get paid, beyond just trusting each other to be honest about what they lease out and sending money? It seems unfair for me to lease a beat for 25 bucks, but have the other person who worked on the beat not get paid, and vice versa.

If you own your site you can have someone write a script or buy one that splits the payments up based on %s and send all parties their share at the same time. It's not free, but it works

Thanks for the response, I will look into that. If anyone has any experience with this situation please share what worked for you, thanks.

Back