New Year, New Focus

MrJames851

this year I'm looking to get more into pitching music to TV/radio/movie/jingles/video games/sample CDs/software/corporations/etc.
start doing some research on different avenues last month ... anyone else that's on that path have any tips, resources, advice?

Sales is a numbers game.

Make it a point to meet a specific number of people per day. I try to meet 35 business owners per day and suggest you do the same. Also, you should give your music a competitive advantage by creating songs that can be used in commercials. There's no need for long, drawn out intros because music should grab attention immediately. Thirty second clips should be enough time to demo songs for powers that be. Build a website so you can track the results of your business efforts. It's absolutely imperative to know what people like most about your music, so you can communicate this information to industry professionals.

Good Luck!

to start off you can use taxi
they will review your music
and send you list of ppl looking for music
I been ripping my hair out for a 2months trying to figure out how to start locally with multi-media/advertising companies
because I'm going to be starting a music publishing/production team and I need steady work for them and
the stuff you mention above is the way to go now days because it could lead to long term revenues
and I have a blog on cold calling in general click here
JCProducer really encouraged me to start cold calling and I'm going to start "cold" emailing even if that's a term lol
blessings guys

Last edited:
thanks for the responses ... I kinda have a connection to the local urban radio station that I might be able to use to get some work

def gonna try the things you guys said

Back