Network Marketing (MLM)

Star27

Has anyone in here doing any of these online MLM marketing business? I have just joined one and make my first sale. Tell me your experience. How's it going for you? For me personally its starting out good. Very happy I made this decision. I don't have time to make beats anymore but when I make a truckload of income I will build me a professional studio. That is my plan.

First, congratulations on your first sale.

Second, don't hate me for saying this, but don't quit your day job. That industry is known for dodgy people, and unstable businesses. You may find yourself sitting on your ass again with a "truckload" of time to make beats by the end of next week.

I remember speaking to someone who's made a career out of direct selling. They are in their forties now. The advice he was given by his mentor when he started out was "Don't quit your day job till you've been here a year".

I.e. don't put all your eggs in one basket, but good luck with this. Very interested to find out how you do.

Thank you! I understand what you're saying. I'm stuck home babysitting and I get paid for it. So I use these money to invest in the business. I don't work anyway so I'm doing this full-time now.

First, congratulations on your first sale.

Second, don't hate me for saying this, but don't quit your day job. That industry is known for dodgy people, and unstable businesses. You may find yourself sitting on your ass again with a "truckload" of time to make beats by the end of next week.

I remember speaking to someone who's made a career out of direct selling. They are in their forties now. The advice he was given by his mentor when he started out was "Don't quit your day job till you've been here a year".

I.e. don't put all your eggs in one basket, but good luck with this. Very interested to find out how you do.

Agreed.

MLM can be lucrative but step cautiously.

Also: Pushing the wrong product can ruin your creditability. So play it smart.

Good Luck.

also called pyramid marketing and is a form of ponzi scheme which is illegal in some countries

tread warily and only ever spend what you can afford to in pushing this business it can bite real hard on unsuspecting lower tier sellers

Keep doing it if it's working out for you, but don't become a pest selling people all the time.

It's kind of annoying how network marketers go about their business. Happened a few times where I meet someone somewhere thinking I just made a new friend, then they call up the next day obviously inviting me to an mlm networking meetup. Go there and it turns out to be a selling-fest talking about the usual 'residual income' and 'easy money'. But to each his own...

Guys, if you work at a job then that is also a pyramid scheme. Because everyone on top of you is making money off of you by hiring you. The question is which one will you be in? The 40 year plan, work hard and climb the corporate ladder (which is probably unlikely for most of you) or Network Marketing which is in theory say 2-5 yr? Why did you go to school? They sold you on a dream of a good job. Did you get it? Nope. What you may got now is full of debit you couldn't even pay it off. Assuming you have no scholarship to cover tuition fees.

My point..same reasoning. I just choose to get there quicker.

Guys, if you work at a job then that is also a pyramid scheme. Because everyone on top of you is making money off of you by hiring you. The question is which one will you be in? The 40 year plan, work hard and climb the corporate ladder (which is probably unlikely for most of you) or Network Marketing which is in theory say 2-5 yr? Why did you go to school? They sold you on a dream of a good job. Did you get it? Nope. What you may got now is full of debit you couldn't even pay it off. Assuming you have no scholarship to cover tuition fees.

My point..same reasoning. I just choose to get there quicker.

Why did you go to school? They sold you on a dream of a good job. Did you get it? Nope.

I didn't.
I watched my buddies from high school go to college, get their Bachelors Degrees,
and struggle to find work because they were lacking experience.
Once they gained some experience (usually in unpaid internships), many of them were hired.
They could have earned these internships (the stepping stones to secure, well-paying jobs)
through personal work portfolios rather than through their degrees.

It's just a matter of knowing what you want enough to pursue it wholeheartedly, and MLM requires a lot more dedication than this to be successful.

Guys, if you work at a job then that is also a pyramid scheme. Because everyone on top of you is making money off of you by hiring you.

They're losing money by hiring you, unless you're an unpaid intern.

In a traditional job, your employers are either motivated to make sure that you're successful,
or they're motivated to send you on your way to find a job which suits you better.

Otherwise, you're a liability, because you're costing your employer money regardless of how effective you are in bringing about results.

Here's the rub:
If you fail at selling in an MLM marketing scheme, it doesn't hurt your recruiter one bit.
You're a source of potential income for your referrer, but not also a source of a guaranteed financial loss if you're struggling.
The person could bring you into an oversaturated market with no drawbacks for himself.

Sure, you can be successful in an MLM marketing scheme. I've met people who have been.
However, these same people would be successful with almost any venture.

If you're the type of person who can succeed at MLM (and can therefore succeed in any business venture),
why not just focus on building momentum behind your own business?
That's my perspective on it.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Salem has got the same sort of belief as I, bar a few disagreements. I disagree on the internships and not needing a degree. To be better than those with just a degree (certainly in the UK, and from what I understand the US too), you need relevant work experience as well as a degree to be better than those with just a degree.

That's not to say you can't work your way up the system without a degree, but I've known many people do that when the economy was booming. Only problem with that is that the time it takes to achieve a degree equivalent without a degree is more often than not much more time consuming than doing a 3 year degree, plus a masters to get that same position. There are kids half their age getting similar positions to them with only 1-4 years work experience (plus 3-4 year degree).

Agree on the rest, if you succeed in doing MLM, you obviously have the knowledge to succeed in building your own businesses. As long as you're not too greedy and unrealistic that is.

Anyway, I believe this forum thread was only started to try and get some leads for his MLM program. Shortly after my original response, star27 messaged me about his program claiming I wanted to know how he made his first sale. All of it pre-written, and not really tailored to the circumstances. Unsolicited e-mails like that annoy me, whether it's in the music industry or otherwise.

And just to clear it up, I said "I'm very interested to see how you do". I.e. come back to me when you've been making a good income after a year.

Sorry if that comes off mean, it's not meant to be insulting in any way. At least you can learn from what I've just said anyway. (Or anyone else who is embarking on such a career).

Last edited:
I would go further on the employment systems - it is not a pyramid in the traditional sense of pyramid marketing:

• you get paid regardless of what the current week has been like
  • you get paid whether sales increase or decrease
  • you may get a bonus if sales are above set targets but you cannot be penalised for failing to meet minimum sales targets (i.e. they can't take money from you - this is employment law in most 1st world economies)
  • if you consistently fail to achieve sales targets (over a number of sales reporting periods usually 2 quarters or more) you may lose your job, but that would be a performance clause not a multilevel reward structure
  • not all businesses are structured to an individual making sales
    • providing support within an organisation
    • doing accounts receivable
    • doing accounts payable
    • doing payroll
    • machining parts to specification
    • stores movements
    • logistics
    are all positions in traditional businesses that do not have a sales target attached to them; they may have deadlines or quota targets but no sales
  • promotion is based on performance to job statement specifications and the aptitude to do more (or the same) at a higher level
  • Most promotions positions bring with them people management/team management responsibilities and the consequent need to handle people, this is what the next level of pay is for - how you handle people, not how you sell

as for the rest no experience is not a complete obstacle to getting a job but the number one reason get turned down for a position is no relevant experience for the position applied for

Last edited:
On thing people tend to overlook while focusing on the "being my own boss" hype is the fact that if you do work for someone else, (majority of the time) you don't have to take your work home with you or even think about the job (unless its part of the job).

You clock out - you are done. Free. Bye work, see you tomorrow.

When you truly run your own sh*t, in some way or another, you will find yourself working.

Always.

Last edited:
On thing people tend to overlook while focusing on the "being my own boss" hype is the fact that if you do work for someone else, (majority of the time) you don't have to take your work home with you or even think about the job (unless its part of the job).

When you truly run your own sh*t, in some way or another, you will find yourself working.

Always.

Very true, but can I just add, if you are in a job with a high salary you can expect the same sorts of responsibilities. Therefore, you'll be taking the job home with you in those circumstances as well. Obviously, running a small business with the same salary you'd earn as a postman is a different circumstance however.

Always.

I'd rather do what others wont so I can do what others cant. It's true you have to put work in it, but it's the work that you do once and get paid month after month. Unlike a job you only get paid for what you do. It's not residual income. As we sit here and watch the economy crumble, more and more people are getting into the home based business. Why? Because we hope we are not one of those unfortunate to get lay off their job next week. And because we also understand the tax advantages of owning your own home based business. The list go on and on. Overall, it's about taking control of your finances, time, and life. When you work at a job they own you. The riches people builds network. Everyone is looking for a job. How many college grads find work in their field today? How many are doing that same work 5-10 yrs from now? Not very many. There's no loyalty and job security anymore.

I garantee you that if you're not in a home business right now, the next 3-5 years from now you will still do the same thing you are doing now. You'll be like one of other millions people stuck a job they hate. You need to build a network so that your income can keep coming in without you being there. Yes it take some work but it will eventually pay off.

Last edited:
It's just a matter of knowing what you want enough to pursue it wholeheartedly..

I couldn't agree more.

Many people who fail to achieve the results they desire do so because they fail to put in the work required to see those results.

I'd rather do what others wont so I can do what others cant..

Hey, if it works for you, and you/it ain't hurting nobody, then by all means do it.

I think the majority of people who have chimed in on this thread agree that its not for everybody, and that people who choose to get involved in MLM should definitely go into it with their eyes open and feet on the ground. That's all.

Good luck on your venture.

spock.jpg

Hello, my name is juan samsel, i am also same as you a newbie in the mlm industry. I have joined before 03 months ago, and my college friends had invited me first time in mlm seminar, on the same day i decided that i will join. But yet i have to learn about mlm, future of mlm, and much more related of mlm, create my mlm diary, learn how to do presentation. Thereafter i prepared mentally after 2 months i have started my work and i have completed my 3 months target in only 3rd month. It seem soon i will be on the verge of success, than i can purchase my own car, home, and purchase anything to support my lifestyle.

Mostly i use internet marketing just like facebook, twitter, mlm networking marketing website, better networker, mlm social and mlm diary.

Global Convention 2015 Munich

Hi there!
A few days ago, business people and anybody interested in precious metals headed to Munich, on of Germany's main cities, to visit the International Precious Metals & Commodities Show. Another important event for those who represent an international gold business was the Global InterGold Convention – an event to summarize the results of the company and make plans for the future.

Munich is one of Europe's largest business centers and these events are helping the city develop. No wonder so many went there!

Back