Need Marketing Ideas for my Beat site

RothsChild

Hey, FP community. I recently made a website. I wondering what design would be best for marketing and what changes I should make are add. Any Ideals?

Last edited:
1. Turn autoplay off - NOW.

2. Get rid of the vistor statistic - NOW.

3. Reduce the header size - NOW, I had to do too much scrolling to get to the important stuff.

4. Then, start a blog and newsletter.

I'd actually recommend you ditch whatever you are using for design at the moment (I assume your own HTML coding skills) and install Wordpress on your server. Install a Wordpress theme which follows good design principles. It's much easier and quicker.

Also, if you're looking to sell music, change your contact form. If you give artists the opportunity to seek a free collaboration, they won't buy.

Only a few points which will help you in the long run, but you really need to sort out your website before even move on with marketing. It's basically bad bathroom piping. Until you get the leaks sorted, you're going to continue being flooded - and you don't want that.

Cheers,
Jordan

P.S. You might want to check out my marketing blog for marketing advice, Internal Affairs. There's also a newsletter you can sign up to for future updates.

Last edited:
Try wordpress software on your server and then try to find some free template! There are some good free ones for you to start over and make it even more professional and SEO friendly, which is the most important thing... google as an allied! :D Good luck!

Hey Rothschild,

I think your confusing marketing with branding. The overall look, feel, and user experience of your website is more along the lines of branding.
Think of marketing as more tactical.

I checked out your website and it looks like you made some of the changes suggested here in the thread - cool! You're obviously open to learning
and taking suggestions. Good stuff.

Overall, my biggest impression is that there wasn't anything "special" about the site. It's a great start, but don't stop here. Keep thinking about how
you could make your brand more "special".

:)

Back