Need Help Selling Beats

mlane9

@slimegreenbeats
What's good ppl. I need help selling beats online, any suggestions?

Can someone actually check out the site and let me know like what I can do. I have not had any sales on the site.

Please anyone who gets sales on their site or sales online help.

My site is www.tlbeats.com

I'm desperate to make a sale, I've been going at this for like a year, any help would be greatly appreciated! Producing is 100% passion for me but I want to make money.

#helpabrotha

I suggest because of where you are that you hit up folks in person where they may be, but don't treat it like a sales pitch.

I suggest because of where you are that you hit up folks in person where they may be, but don't treat it like a sales pitch.

Thanks, trying to sell online tho, I hate the answer go out and talk to people I feel like that defeats the purpose of selling them online. Of course that's an option, I'm talking like if a rapper were to shop on my site like whats the mindset. What can I improve on to get an online sale?

Like what are online beat sellers doing that I can't seem to figure out? I'm trying to sell sh*t all over the globe.

Thanks, trying to sell online tho, I hate the answer go out and talk to people I feel like that defeats the purpose of selling them online. Of course that's an option, I'm talking like if a rapper were to shop on my site like whats the mindset. What can I improve on to get an online sale?

Like what are online beat sellers doing that I can't seem to figure out? I'm trying to sell sh*t all over the globe.

I agree with OGbama. Getting out there locally and building your name up will def help you get them sales up. And bruh, lets be real, you are in a good location. A lot of these cats would sell their left arm to be where you're at so mos def take advantage.

On the other side of this tho, if you really want to solely focus on the online beat selling game then you need to learn to play the internet game. This involves building backlinks, optimizing your site, targeted marketing and a whole lot of other stuff that you will either have to learn or pay someone to do for you.

Also understand that true success is not gonna happen overnight. It takes time, trial and error.

No magic bullet.

Something to think about.

Good luck.

Last edited:
There is nothing at all wrong with your site.
You need to first understand that the beat market is completely oversaturated and most of there music sounds the same.
So you are going to have to able to produce different genres of music.
Yo say you havent made a sale but i noticed multiple producers in your widget, so have they also not made a sale or just you?

Im building my website for people like us. lets help each other. sign up and hit me up on there.

No I don't make anything from the other producers on the site so I really don't even know if they've sold beats or not from there. That's really just an experiment.

& cool I'll check out your site.

*Just an update, still no sales off the site, what the f*ck am I missing?*

Thanks all!

Producing is 100% passion for me but I want to make money.

If you need money today, get a job today.

Music is a long term game. Don't let the passion of music blind you to the realities of the world.

Eat today from what you earn today; the royalty check is in the mail...maybe.....

What's good ppl. I need help selling beats online, any suggestions?

Can someone actually check out the site and let me know like what I can do. I have not had any sales on the site.

Please anyone who gets sales on their site or sales online help.

My site is www.tlbeats.com

I'm desperate to make a sale, I've been going at this for like a year, any help would be greatly appreciated! Producing is 100% passion for me but I want to make money.

#helpabrotha

What's going on bro! So let me give you some insight on my point of view because I am completely revamping my whole website as we speak.

Basically I was sample based before and switch to raw composition because I had alot of difficulty selling exclusive rights including samples because arguably the artist has to pay for the beat twice which is a bit of a turn off in terms of business. But now that I am sample free and compose I uploaded a few beats on my site that were more trap/modern sounding and avoiding sampling however I had to step up my knowledge of music theory. Now I have a whole beats folder with over 50+ beats that I need to have mixed and mastered and upload to my site. They sound WAY better than the first wave of beats that I uploaded when I first started composing from scratch. But here is what I plan on doing with my new beats which is what you should try.

Stop leasing beats. In my personal opinion and from experience, leasing beats tends to decrease the value of the beats. When you lease beats for $20 a pop or something, most artists themselves admit they don't buy beats. In fact, I recently just moved from Atlanta 3 months ago to new york to move back home with my parents and go back to school. When I was in patchwerk, or blue room or pad room or epic studios or darp studios or hotbeats, I found that most artists I was engineering for already had an entire folder of WAV/MP3 beats already in their email. And alot of the beats were quite good. When you are just selling an MP3 or a WAV, most artists feel they don't need to pay for it because there is already someone else just as good or maybe even better offering the same thing for free. It just doesn't make sense to them. Also, exclusive rights are the big sales, and that's what all real serious artists will want. No serious artist who gets on Tidal and Spotify and stuff wants a beat that has been leased around and passed off a million times. You decrease the value of your beat like that. If I were you, I would work on either setting an exclusive right price out right or doing it by a "Make An Offer" status. This not only lets you work with the artist and their budget but it also lets you have your own idea of what you feel like your beats are worth.

Producers are leasing beats and undercutting each other lower and lower. On beatstars the other day this guy was leasing his beat for 0.99 cents a beat lol. And he was getting sales. It's ridiculous. You should sell beats exclusively. After all, your goal is one day to be the next Timbaland or Metro Boomin or Zaytoven and they only sell exclusives. Timbaland didn't lease Jay-Z the Big Pimpin beat. I heard he paid around $500,000 for it or something crazy. That's an exclusive sale. Jay-Z is not going to buy a beat that has been passed around a million times.

Long story short: Stop leasing beats. Sell exclusives. It will bring you much more success. Check me out at Rob Dolla$ Beats if you would like.

Back