Need a free blog

wallywall

Hi just started my own beat selling website to sell beats and anyone that wants can cum and sell beats on my site too! But i need a free blog so i can start making a buzz.. Please help!! And if u got any good beats please join me on my site and lets get paid beatsqwad dot com

I'd recommend using Wordpress as your blogging platform.

Yes, that's the ultimate platform to use, but I think he was just looking to start a blog on an external website to bring more traffic. Sort of a short-term answer. But yes, if your looking for a long-term solution, then hosting your own wordpress is a good idea.

Yes, that's the ultimate platform to use, but I think he was just looking to start a blog on an external website to bring more traffic. Sort of a short-term answer. But yes, if your looking for a long-term solution, then hosting your own wordpress is a good idea.

Since he has his own hosting provider I wouldn't see the point in starting a blog using an external website as he'd need to drive traffic to the external blog and from there to his website, unless he was able to create an integrated design so that it is easy to navigate between his blog and his beat selling website.

Since he has his own hosting provider I wouldn't see the point in starting a blog using an external website as he'd need to drive traffic to the external blog and from there to his website, unless he was able to create an integrated design so that it is easy to navigate between his blog and his beat selling website.

Using blogs like tumblr are like what using a soundclick is to website. A blog post on websites such as tumblr has the potential to end up on the front page, which would bring thousands upon thousands of viral traffic to your post. This would give you a lot of traffic to your beat site if you were to add a link to the end of the post.

However, the chance of that happening is slim to none. I was just explaining the mentality of someone who would want to use tumblr as a blogging medium.

I personally would host it on my own server, and I do!

Last edited:
thankx for the info.. i already have a website, Beat Sqwad is there any way i can incorporate a blog or forum into my existing site???

p.s. please visit my site and give feedback, i am changing it daily

thankx for the info.. i already have a website, Beat Sqwad is there any way i can incorporate a blog or forum into my existing site???

Yes, I have the same software you have that you used to create your site. Go into the cpanel and you can install wordpress to your site. There be some other blog options as well.

kool. do u have the one for multiple producers?

Using blogs like tumblr are like what using a soundclick is to website. A blog post on websites such as tumblr has the potential to end up on the front page, which would bring thousands upon thousands of viral traffic to your post. This would give you a lot of traffic to your beat site if you were to add a link to the end of the post.

However, the chance of that happening is slim to none. I was just explaining the mentality of someone who would want to use tumblr as a blogging medium.

I personally would host it on my own server, and I do!
Most viral traffic is worthless... it doesn't translate to sales, and as you said the chances are slim to none.

The same "viral traffic" could potentially be achieved on his blog on his own website if it reached the front page of reddit, or digg for example.

I understand using Soundclick to drive traffic to your website as Soundclick traffic is targeted so it would convert into more sales.

kool. do u have the one for multiple producers?

Wordppress as I mentioned above would be best for incorporating into your existing site, there is also forum plugins for Wordpress which should be good enough for a basic forum.

Last edited:
Most viral traffic is worthless... it doesn't translate to sales, and as you said the chances are slim to none.

The same "viral traffic" could potentially be achieved on his blog on his own website if it reached the front page of reddit, or digg for example.

I understand using Soundclick to drive traffic to your website as Soundclick traffic is targeted so it would convert into more sales.

Wordppress as I mentioned above would be best for incorporating into your existing site, there is also forum plugins for Wordpress which should be good enough for a basic forum.

Crazy Pellas - You sound like an online traffic veteran. Good advice.

I think seveneleven247 was just giving out options.

In the marketing world, viral has been such a buzz word for the last few years but if done right it is incredibly powerful. Viral will bring in a ton of traffic but it won't be as targeted as sound click as Crazy Pellas mentioned. However, you will still get residual sales.

All in all, it ties back to how much time you want to put into it. You can totally land on the first page of tumblr (if you chose to go with them), however, whatever you put up on the external site will have to be MIND BLOWING. That's what causes things to go viral. Something different worth talking about. However, if it is just you this may take some time.

So from a pure time stand point, may be worth connecting with artists that need some beats so you can cross promote. However, you can always put one up and see what happens. No harm in that.

Back