Myflashstore Wav Files

• Thread starter Bandcamp Productions
  • Start date
B

Bandcamp Productions

Ok so I'm in the process of launching my website and I decided to go with Myflashstore to sell my beats. The problem I'm encountering is that they put a 100mb file size limit on wav files. I have several beats that are over that amount (~115mb) and the only way to get them under 100 is to export them as 16 bit float.

So really my question is what is the standard quality for a wav file? The tracked out version will always be 32 bit wav files but would an artist feel cheated with a 16bit wav file? I'm still new to this and am not 100% sure what the standard is.

I'm not sure how MyFlashStore works exactly, but I know plenty of people who've used it. I imagine there's a work around though. I don't usually recommend them as you can build a "Beat store" on wordpress very easily with all the themes and plugins available. What I will add is this:

It depends.

Do you want to give your customers quality? Or do you want to build a brand around low quality? Does your product justify your price? Will the artists even know the difference?

I'd recommend - whichever route you take - you make sure it's clear to your customers what they are buying.

Cheers,
Jordan

I'm not sure how MyFlashStore works exactly, but I know plenty of people who've used it. I imagine there's a work around though. I don't usually recommend them as you can build a "Beat store" on wordpress very easily with all the themes and plugins available. What I will add is this:

It depends.

Do you want to give your customers quality? Or do you want to build a brand around low quality? Does your product justify your price? Will the artists even know the difference?

I'd recommend - whichever route you take - you make sure it's clear to your customers what they are buying.

Cheers,
Jordan

If that's the cast i have a follow up question. How would i go about building the beat store? The reason i used myflashstore is because of it's ease of use and automated delivery. If there was a way I could do this on my own and not have a cap space on quality I am 100% on board.

There are a couple options I think you'll like. I'm not affiliated with any of the following list by the way.

1. There's www.tuneport.com which charges 10% on whatever you make, but otherwise is completely free. It's basically MyFlashStore from what I understand.

2. Soundstage is a decent theme which will provide the functionality you'd need.

3. Live is also a good theme. Similar to Soundstage.

4. Another theme is Soundboard

5. Now this is the one you probably want... Music Maker. Purpose built beat store wordpress theme...

6. There's a plugin called Soundgine. However, it is a subscription based plugin. It's like $20 a month - and I don't like companies who hide their price in the small print of their websites.

With the plugins, you'd need to pick a theme to go alongside. But then the worldwide web "is your oyster". The choice is yours.

If you're interested in music marketing strategies, feel free to check out Internal Affairs. It's my blog which I write on. I plan on talking about utilising Wordpress in the future, so you may find those posts specifically useful. If you want me to let you know when I do post up those posts, be sure to sign up to the newsletter.

Also, when you get further in to development, make sure to send me a link to your website. You can email me at newsletter@internalaffairs.co... I'd love to give you any advice on things I think you can improve when you get closer to completion. And the offer will always be on the table, whether a month or four.

Hope I've helped,
Jordan.

Back