Is my SC page good?

henkhakkebar

Superproducer
So I made a soundclick page, bought vip, made my design and wrote my css. So my page seems to be finished. Check it out: soundclick.com/skullfacebeatz

Is this a good page? I still need to add the last details, like the license rights zip file and stuff like that.

But can I make money with it, are my beats right for the desired audience? I try to make the shitty hip hop you hear on the radio, I only have a SC page to make money.

So if my page is good enough to make sales, how am I going to promote myself?

All input is appreciated.

I suggest you invest in social media promo; especially, since you've decided to use a soundclick profile. With that type of web presence, you have very little control over driving traffic to your profile. With social media you can send people to your online store regardless of what Google search engines have to say about it. This is a good thing because, otherwise, you'd have more trouble getting people to see your store; much less buy from it. Most people have facebook, twitter, or some other social profile on their mobile phones.

You should be focusing on reaching people online and off.

Also, learning to dj will help with any concerns you have about your beats being up to par. Personally, I think they're right where they need to be. Get at me when you need gear and I'll get it to you. Instruments are everything in this business and I have more than I can sell in a day. Not only that, soon I'll have direct access to most audio venders and their latest and greatest. I've been a member here for a long time and often share my experience with the community. So, if you didn't know me before, you know me now.

Keep at it, never stop, great work.

Thanks alot JC, your posts are really helpful on this forum, much appreciated! And I will start to use social media, just trying to figure out how to start using facebook and twitter in a useful way.

The thing is, I make beats for soundclick solely to make money, actually, I don't like this easy to make, money-swag-******* type of music, but this is the genre that my target audience is looking for. For my own "artistic" music I have some contacts and artists I'm working with, but I don't want to make money off this music, I just want my good, artistic music to be heard.

Given this, I don't want to spend too much time into selling on soundclick, nor am I interested in making f***loads of money off of these money-swag-******* beats. I just want to make some extra money with the skills I have.

Last edited:
Thanks for reading the threads. I try to give insider business information to those who seek such things. Whether you want to sell a little or a lot, selling is selling. The same steps need to be taken in order to make money. You need to set goals for the number of sells you want or need to make in order to get where you want to be financially. In the online community, there are specific measure that need to be taken in order to get the exposure needed for selling a little, or a lot. It seems like you've already decided to step it up a notch, you may as well see how far you can go with it. Don't let money be the only thing that holds you back from accomplishing goals, you know? In other words, make however much money you deem necessary.

Well damn JC, I could use your advice over here as well lol... I learned something within that post alone. I'm trying to work on getting my brand/music out there on the net as well.. but on to this topic. That layout is dope, your definitely going on it the right way with soundclick. You should upload what you want imo while targeting the artists as well.. I know those "money-swag" type beats are a easy sell but I've noticed/gotten emails from people who want different stuff as well but it's up to you. Otherwise good stuff, some of those tracks aren't too bad as well.

I've found the most success by sending music updates to the fans of specific artists. Fortunately, fans are also inspiring musicians themselves most of the time. By getting your music to the fans of your chosen artists, it'll be much easier to generate a buzz within their circles. This doesn't mean they'll ever work with you; however, the chances of landing a major collaboration would be more in your favor.

That's true. I've started finding artists/fans/songwriters listen or send some stuff their way about working/checking me out if they have time etc. Some are serious, some are not. Some will like ya stuff, some won't whatever. But as long as you get yourself out there in some way is better than none. PLENTY of tools on the internet just takes time and dedication.

Back