My Plan for rap.

H

hammrough

I need some advice from some people who have "been there done that". My plan is to collab and build as many relationships as possible with quality artists. I also want to improve my sound and lyricsm . I want to develop an identity. I feel like this process can't be rushed. I have gone to a lot of rap concerts and studied their craft. I think the most important out of this is working and learning from other artists. What do u guys think?

Studying performer's..especially rapper's and even writing songs(sound/lyricism) will only get you .05% of where you need to be. There is an intrinsic level of sociability and connecting with an audience that cannot be learned or taught...you have to DO it at some point...that will earn you another .05%. You will still only have an outsider point of view.

Read 50 updated books(that's more than a M.A/M.S in marketing) about branding, marketing, social media, public relations and sales/lead generation. Watch some youtube lecture's on the topic. Intern/shadow/ghost//work for free for a firm. Watch the real world marketing machines and OBSERVE with keen focus. Stop studying rapper's STAGE performances and start studying their extended fan/customer relation performance via their WEBSITES/SOCIAL MEDIA/MARKETING.

You will still only be 9% of the way there but this is where you will figure out and deduce the "image" thing. This is where you'll uncover your connectability and manufacture your songs, persona/ACT. I don't care how :hmmm:REAL, a PERFORMER:pointing:, appears to be 50% of it is an act if not all of it. Who do you think interacts(directly or indirectly) with the public for most performer's...someone with a MA/MS in Marketing/Public Relations or a background in it.

The other 90% involves sound legal/financial/tax management(personal and business), routine planning(business and marketing) and routine execution. Read 50 updated books, shadow/ghost/intern at this level and EXECUTE.. you'll get eventually 100%+ of your money. This is why you don't hear 50 Cent or Jay Z crying about money.

That's the tip..operate like a business/company/lable...not a rapper.

Last edited:
My goal is to collab and build as many relationships as possible with quality artists. I plan to start by improving my sound and lyricsm and in the process I will develop my identity...

There. I fixed it for you.

You see, people in the music business gravitate towards people doin sh*t. [as in any other business] The best bet is to focus on you and the rest will fall into place.

Last edited:
Back