Was My Music Stolen?

Again, a copyright holds NOTHING that you can't prove in a court with session files, emails(if the artist and yourself have conversed), leaving timestamps from when your material was uploaded to the web, ect.

I've said this since 2004. People put too much work into the wrong things. Copyright songs, wtf is the reasoning behind copyrighting a beat that could...contain samples, contain interpolations of another work, aren't going to be sourced from anywhere except for where you've distributed it in the form you have distributed it, ect. If anything, copyright like 80 beats at once as a body of work, I don't care about no ghat damn beat.

It's worthless until it becomes a song...that no one except the producer of the beat's session files can prove they own. Moral is...NEVER GIVE ANYONE YOUR SESSION FILES OR ALLOW ANYONE TO POST YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU DO. Nothing more nothing less. WTF difference does it make that Timbaland had copyrights for the tons of bollywood songs he got sued for sampling and they did not? Nothing more than proof they composed original pieces was needed to make their case. You got session files and lawyer up...you will get your money. You got a copyright and no lawyer...finish that statement smart guys in the thread...therefore, why is that so heavily emphasized?

Dudes be talking copyright this, get pub on that, clear the sample on blah, negotiate bleh points, and never even seen an actual multi thousand dollar check off their music. I bet Mev(FP Member, hope he's watching) didn't have that song Glasses had to pay him 10k for before it became a problem copyrighted. You think when Beyonce rips off dances and get's sued the dances are copyrighted? Comedians rip off jokes and an underground guy can present film and proof of a date he performed the same material in a hole in the wall club? Guess that's copyrighted too? (Sting and)The Police had copyrights and lost their case to Vanilla Ice, lol. The verve had a song they didn't realize had similarities to a rolling stones song that they copyrighted before being sued for every penny they made in their career!!! WTF!!! Get serious.

Again, not rocket science. Doing more doesn't mean you're more professional, it just means you're doing more and more than likely are "smart enough" to think that all that extra shyt will pay off because you're "working harder".That seems like the less intelligent decision.

I'm absolutely not saying you shouldn't copyright your work, I'm saying such comments have no place at this point. It's like me saying "I'm facing 10 years for robbing a bank how should I go about preparing for court." And people saying "you should never let the cops catch you", lol.

So, again to sum up. Find your material on the net timestamped where some random person could've accessed it, Make note of links, ect. dig up your session files(that only you should have copies of), and go talk to a lawyer WHEN you can even find a song using your music that's worth investing the time and money into a lawyer. FYI, most rappers who steal beats can't afford $20 leases, WTF are you gonna get out of them?

Last edited:
ppl keep saying copyright your stuff
once you make the beat you have a copyright you need to register that copyright for "protection"
backing up your session files to another hard drive and to the cloud as well just extra "protection"

but if you beat does get stolen most likely like Deranged said you'll never,ever,never know ...for real never
unless that song just blows up and the way rap music is now...there's not many just randomly blowing up
who hasn't been doing their thing with certain producers who they work with all the time

never heard this beat before but it sounds nice. just tag ur beatz and ur on the safe way

hahah the funniest thing I ever heard tagging your beats these days does nothing artists will jump on a beat quick tag and all and not care one bit

Copyright is a touchy subject. The best thing you can do it seems is hope for the best and hound people that perpetrate.

Cant believe sometimes people just steal music and record over it, its mind-blowing to me.

Matt L
www.tlbeats.com

Copyright is a touchy subject. The best thing you can do it seems is hope for the best and hound people that perpetrate.

Cant believe sometimes people just steal music and record over it, its mind-blowing to me.

Matt L
www.tlbeats.com

I think a lot of producers are just unaware of how copyright works and this adds to the confusion and misconceptions about what to do when it comes to beats being stolen.

This is for the Canadians Protecting your IP, Music Although SCAN is for Canadians,

Although SOCAN is for Canadians, there is some basic frame work that is common to both the Canadian and the United States, seperate counties so obviously seperate laws...

For "WE The North" artists... it is pretty straight forward and here is the most important part....in the legislation. <----© 2017 Audio Eclectic
cheers.gif
:cool:

"Registering a copyright Canada

While copyright ownership in Canada is automatic upon creation of a song, it is still important to have evidence that establishes ownership and date of creation in the possible event of infringement. The following are common practices: registering with the Canadian and/or U.S. copyright offices and including identification of ownership on all published material.

To register a musical work claim in Canada, complete a form from the Copyright Office (part of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office) and send it back to the office along with the filing fee."

Want to get paid when your music is played? | SOCAN

"Wanting To Be Someone Else Is A Waste Of Who You Are." - Kurt Cobain

Last edited:
Back