Are my beat prices fair?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys I have been making beats for like 6-7 years now and I am now getting more serious into the business side. I recently starred a website and ordered some graphic design logo and header and background which will be coming shortly right now I just put up some pictures so it wouldn't be blank lol. Anyways, I feel like I have really high quality beats so I charge my beats at $100 MP3 lease $250 WAV lease and $500 Exclusive. I wanted to know if a few of you guys who read this thread could check out my website and tell me what you think about my beats and my prices and also if you could give me advice as far as how and where I should be promoting and how I can improve my sales. Thanks a lot and here is a link to my site:

Rob Dolla$ Productions

I just checked out your website. I think that your prices are fair for a somewhat established producer. I think it may be hard for you to sell at those leases and .wav lease prices since you are first starting.

I just checked out your website. I think that your prices are fair for a somewhat established producer. I think it may be hard for you to sell at those leases and .wav lease prices since you are first starting.

appreciate the response! what do you think are more reasonable? I actually just changed them I have been having a hard time getting consistent sales. Rob Dolla$ Productions

Raise your prices. If people want to buy them, they will. Going cheap won't make you get more money.

hey appreciate the response! I hear you man I kind of feel guilty selling leases so low as I see some producers with high prices on their beats and then some are low and I am trying to just get my foot into the door of the market and start making money. How do you price your beats if you don't mind me asking?

The answer to your question is in your sales. It's fair as long as people are buying. I've see trash producers sell for high prices and I've seen really good ones sell for cheap. Some people are just better at marketing than others.

You might want to try testing out different price points. Try a new price for 2-4 weeks and see how your revenue compares.

Of course this is all assuming your getting enough traffic to your site, because if that's the case then I think focusing on reeling people in should be your main focus.

Are you looking to just sell online or are you finding local artists as well?

I actually took a break from promoting and spent a lot of time and money since really branding myself and uploading previews of my beats and well as links to all my social medias across various platforms. I plan on being done as far as branding myself this week and I should be heavily promoting and getting sales next week. I will definitely check back in. Make sure you guys check out my website again I uploaded new beats and I got some dope graphic designs and artwork as well as my logo now Rob Dolla$ Beats

Edit: I am thinking about doubling the prices of each lease I have on my site though. I feel like $500 for exclusive rights to any of my beats is a major steal. My production is pretty good and has a different sound compared to most people I see nowadays on SoundClick or SoundCloud or Beatstars or anything of those platforms. What do you guys think about that? You think that would be overpriced at the point or do you think it would be fair?

Last edited:
Back