My Alias - Should I change it?

Iokee

My alias has been Lokee (low key) for a while and I want to get recognition, but I could imagine that it'd be a bit difficult with the number of artists and labels named Lokee. So what do you think would be wiser, sticking to the name and just being the best out of all the other Lokees or decide on a new name and make sure it's unique?

Last edited:
I thought that name was input/output keys but then I realized you meant your soundcloud channel :/
Name's one thing, audio's another.

Yoooo like, low key doe... for real doe, you could low-key be the only Lokee who low-key becomes not low-key any more doe.
Most other Lokees will low-key stay low-key doe, for real doe..

Alright, now that's out of my system, time for English lol...
If you have something better then that's great (because of other Lokees clogging up your search engine rankings), otherwise make it big so you can be "The" Lokee instead of just one of many.

Nooo that's the problem though, so many lokees clogging up the search and burying my name in masses of sh*tty artists, I need to either get to position 1 on page 1 or change my name. At least I think that's how I should go about it. But you're right, if I keep the name I'll become THE lokee

Last edited:
look at alternative spellings including l33t and other alphabets

10k33 lokee would be a good way to differentiate yourself from the pack

as would

LØKÆÆ

OR

Løĸææ

the Æ is as in Ænglish (that is the correct way to spell it based on the original Anglo-Saxon and how I was taught to spell it up until 1971)

good luck with it

I would agree with the 1337 one if I didn't care about sounding professional tbh. I mean at some point I'd like to drop an alias altogether and just use my name but I think that says something about you and I'm not there yet lol. But yeah maybe in my gamertag I would but that's not how I want to be represented.

I know my music will speak for itself but I need a name to associate my sound with yknow.

Last edited:
Whatever name you choose, trademark it. I recently filed two trademarks for my entertainment and advertising names. This way, if someone tried to claim/use it, I can legally restrict them. You should do that, before someone does it to you!

Back