Music Promotional Schemes

orangeismusic

I'm an artist that definitely wants to promote myself anyways that I can. But a couple promotional companies that say they help get your music out there has contacted me through myspace, and to be honest, I can't really tell the real from the fake, to the waste of time, because to tell you the truth noone has that much money to put their music on "mixtape slots" or pay for services left to right. So my question is if anyone knows any online promotions that can REALLY put my music in a place where i want it to be.​

www.myspace.com/orangeismusic2

TAXI - is a legitamite sevice. But it does charge a decent amount.

The reality is that you will need to use the old school methods for the most part. Meaning, phone, email, and personal meetings to secure good promotions.

All forms of promotion costs. Advertising on this site even costs, as well as adds on google or your local newspaper, and radio station. The reason is that if you need to promote a product then your probably selling it, and if your selling it, then I want some money for helping you sell it.

That is the theory behind all promotion and advertizing.

The only person who will do this for free is . . . . . . . .

a) some one shady who wants a percentage of your profitz and rights.

b) a person or company with a larger portion of the money being given to them, oppossed to what you could pay them

c) You and those who believe in your project and activley involved in its success.

Last edited:
You have more views than plays on your myspace, something is wrong there. I think your raps could have been more crisp, and I think your girl needs some melodyne. You have the look man i'l give you that. If you have the drive, I def think some street teams and ish could get you some buzz. I saw a video on here about tech n9nes street team. You should check that out, it had some pretty sweet stuff

I think Drethe5th is right about doing it the old school way. I think a lot of artists have given up giving out mixtapes in person to record labels because it's made out to be soo hard. It is hard, but if you're looking to get signed it's absolutely necessary.

I understand a lot of artists are broke, but you have to invest in yourself, otherwise why do you think anyone would invest in you. This means quality studio time and professional demo tapes.

I remember some guy once sent me his demo as one mp3 by email. I was shocked at how he felt that was a way you should deliver a demo. And not only that, but the quality of the recording was so poor. So I replied quite bluntly, but in a motivational way, and low and behold, he listened and I received some really good quality stuff a couple months later. Unfortunately he was still **** lol but at least he knows how to take good advice

The best place to put your music, is in your own hands. In your spare time, get CDs to people. Don't ONLY rely on the internet. There are people out there that scam more often than not.

That could hurt. Try to find people that you can sell your music to. Word of mouth is THE best way to build a buzz. I have never seen anyone just keep doubting their opportunities and get somewhere.

Not saying that's you, just saying. You have to take the time to put your music on a Disk and backpack it through the streets and sell them.

That's the best way to connect with people that will be your future, locked in customers.

Smack

You have more views than plays on your myspace, something is wrong there. I think your raps could have been more crisp, and I think your girl needs some melodyne. You have the look man i'l give you that. If you have the drive, I def think some street teams and ish could get you some buzz. I saw a video on here about tech n9nes street team. You should check that out, it had some pretty sweet stuff

I appreciate the advice....

Don't just rely on internet promo because streets marketing is still needed too. But I have noticed that whats important today is building the right team to get you out further. I know its hard but pay attention to certain artist and research who is behind the scenes....

True, best promotion you can do is to do it yourself, then at least you know it is happening. Lots of these companies can rip you off.

Well rather than wasting your time in promotional companies i think promotions printed fliers work great but the trick is in acquiring them in front of people’s faces. Believe of venues like record stores and coffee shops where you’ll be able to run about and put them on car windshields.

To gain greater benefits, you can build a SEO friendly website and link all your pages together. This will increase your page rank in the search engines; therefore, allowing you to show up over many results when people search for specific types of music like rock music charts or selling beats. Aside from giving away just a flyer or a brochure to introduce your business, try to give some promotion or promotional item along with a brochure. you can use social networking sites for the promotions ie free of cost.

Back