Music Producer for Sample Library Content

I sent them a demo, and they contacted me a couple of weeks after. It's the founder himself that contact you when their interested in your work. First thing i did, i googled his name. Sounds like he is really into the music business since a long time and he has work with a couple of big companies (disney, mtv..). He also has his own production company A2R Productions | Music Production Company. I think its really great and it sounds ok, but there is some things that bugged me a little: First, it's impossible to know where is the company located (no adress, no phone number) only an e-mail adress. And also, he asked me to send him the songs from my demo in separated wav tracks and some other loops without asking me for more infos about my adress, bank/paypal account. Does that mean they absolutely need to hear every single loops in the highest quality before they make any decisions? I'm new with theses sites and i would like to know what you guys think.

Get your money first bro. The only reason they want the tracks individually is so they record, mix, a master a finished product. People go to such extremes because they have every intention of reselling your production(s). I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel that people should pay to get such material from me; especially if they plan to release to an audience for the purpose of making profit. Don't let excitement cloud your judgement. It's time that all producers get on the same page when it comes to releasing beats, loops, samples, songs, and other materials create from scratch.

I've been doing sound design for years.. I've never worked with a company on residual (the 1st time around) i always go for the upfront pay... 9/10 the company will jump at that because it means you won't be in their pockets for life

Yamaha
Akai
Ik Multimedia
Bigfishaudio

just a few companies i've done sound work for... There are plenty of great sound companies with good sound collections out there that are not marketed correctly.. never trust that the company will do the marketing properly get your money and go (if this is the 1st time you've worked with them) then on your next go round based off the success of the last project you barter or go for a split..

Yes with the split "you can" make more money but again you don't know how the marketing is going to pan out been there done that with huge companies...

Negotiate for a "flat fee per kit" make you can handle the workload, find a good workflow/process for kicking out kits/libraries that's the best way to go about it..

I don't know anything about this company personally I'm only speaking from my experience as a sound designer.... I will say if you have an archive of tracks/sound projects sitting that have not been sold then this would be a good option/op to jump on but if you starting stuff from scratch then you'll want get your money upfront..

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested, i'm gonna put a package together & get at you

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

hmmm .... just read the rest of the thread, waiting for a rebuttal from the OP

I've been doing sound design for years.. I've never worked with a company on residual (the 1st time around) i always go for the upfront pay... 9/10 the company will jump at that because it means you won't be in their pockets for life

Yamaha
Akai
Ik Multimedia
Bigfishaudio

just a few companies i've done sound work for... There are plenty of great sound companies with good sound collections out there that are not marketed correctly.. never trust that the company will do the marketing properly get your money and go (if this is the 1st time you've worked with them) then on your next go round based off the success of the last project you barter or go for a split..

Yes with the split "you can" make more money but again you don't know how the marketing is going to pan out been there done that with huge companies...

Thanks, it helps a lot..You're right about that, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of good companies that can be trusted outside of those with huge ads and pretty internet sites..

We've seen that there is going on a lot here. However, we do not check back after posting the opportunity. Simply to clarify:

- You have your own account and real-time tracking of all sales. However, if we distribute trough other companies, you do not have access there.
Therefore we basically only distribute these products through our store.

- Payments are made monthly through Paypal. No need for invoices.

- We request three of your best works. Either complete productions (songs), your best instrumentals (even snippets) in 320kbps MP3 or a demo construction kit of your work. We never request a complete library or anything like this from you. We may request a sample kit to check the quality of your work.

- We usually do not pay upfront. However, if you think you have a stellar product and deal, you can always send in your offer.

- Every producer and ROQSTAR are always free to cancel the contract at any time.

- ROQSTAR is based in Switzerland (Europe)

We're currently looking for he following:

Producers/Beatmakers
You want to sell your Beats and get exposure to thousands of people? ROQSTAR is currently launching a new market place to help producers to sell/lease (3 license types) their beats, get more exposure, interact with others and offer their freelance services. If you are interested in joining our market place use our contact form here: roqstarentertainment dot com

Writers
Are you intersted to write on a music blog and get exposure?
Your articles get featured in our Newsletters and you'll have your profile picture, your own name and link to your site under each article. If you are interested use our contact form here: roqstarentertainment dot com

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

And also, he asked me to send him the songs from my demo in separated wav tracks and some other loops without asking me for more infos about my adress, bank/paypal account.

Hi Celeste,

I've checked your case. We received an inquiry from someone named 'Celeste'. Because we found that your demos were not that comprehensive about the polished sound quality we requested a small demo sample kit. We are not interested in any multi-track recordings of your instrumentals or songs. You are even free to watermark your files.

Here's what we wrote you:

Thanks for your email. Can you provide me with a sample construction kit (all instrument tracks splitted out 24bit WAV)?
Feel free to provide in these genres (hip hop, urban, rnb, pop, electro, house)

Please send your sample to xy
Make sure to have an edgy, modern and polished sound.

Kind Regards,
xxxxxx

ROQSTAR ENTERTAINMENT

Regards,
ROQSTAR Ent.

Last edited:
Back