Music Licensing Companies Are Stealing Your Money (Pumpaudio/RumbleFish/BroadJam)

I've been very happy with Broadjam. Like he says in the vid, they tell you the deal UP FRONT. He makes a ton of good points, actually. "Own 100% of nothing, vs 50% of something." They tell you a client has a $2,000 budget, and you'll split that with the library if it's placed - ...and?? I'll take the G, and congrats to the library for making a G and keeping the site up & running so I can potentially make more G's.

Last edited:
Music licensing

Hi Greg Just caught your video. I subscribe to Broadjam and have entered for a number of competitions and licensing opportunities. As someone trying to get attention for my songs I feel a need to do this although I do feel that these sort of services are, in some cases, exploiting a starry eyed mass of folk. Recently, for example, there was an opp to have your song pitched to a major Major artist. NO songs were selected. Surprising?? So yes, you know what you are paying for but is it reasonable. Most submission in BJ are $5 but there is one at the moment where the fee is $15 - with a wide ranging remit if say 1000 people submit songs someone is raking in 15,000 dollars and then making money if they select any that sell.
That out of the way I would like to make my songs available as widely as possible - can you recommend any libraries that wont demand a pound of flesh. Cheers Ant

Back