Music genre with the most $$$?

OriginalPromise

What is the music genre that has the most money in them?
I'd say mainstream Pop which is now moving on to EDM sounds.

What do you guys think?

Depends where you are. As much as I hate to say it but in the US its Country music because people of that genre actually buy music and support artists

When you compare a genre you have to take in all factors. Album sales, syncs etc. I'd say pop earns more money than country. On all levels.

"money" comparison between genres are something that I think that leads nowhere. Fans of certain genres will always support the artists from these genres. Example? you need a festival with 20+ djs to fill a stadium with people. Metallica and Iron Maiden alone can do that.

When you compare a genre you have to take in all factors. Album sales, syncs etc. I'd say pop earns more money than country. On all levels.

For some reasons I read that OP said not including pop. Pop is hands down and will most likely in the future be dominant

For some reasons I read that OP said not including pop. Pop is hands down and will most likely in the future be dominant

Re-reading the OP's post, I don't see anything that excludes Pop. With that said, anything can be pop (popular) depending on the trends.

Back