Music Business 101 - Copyright Registration

So Basically I need to copyright my songs/album. My question is I have an album that usea some songs of original production, others that use samples. Would I copyright the whole album or just the songs that use no samples??? Also, if I did just have to register the non sample songs could I do them all on 1 application or would I have to do them each individually?

I don't think anyone has asked this... I've copyrighted stuff before... But I have a beat tape coming out in a few months...

What I was wondering was, to save money... could I copyright 'snippets' of the beat(1 min long), but still have the hook, intro, verse, etc. in it, and then extend it later on, for a rapper, or something?

UK copyright office has a limit, and if you go over that limit, you have to pay loads... I go quite far over that limit...

I just released a group album with 13 tracks in June. To register my copyrights online, do i have to fill out a form for every single track and pay $35x13=$455? Or can i just copyright the whole album on one form and just pay $35? I've been searching for this answer and i can't find it no where. I keep getting mixed answers. Please help!!!

if i use some movie quotes on my dnb tracks, is that illegal?=Portugal

Music business is one of the best music in these days. The new generation listen to the music madly so i must say this business is profitable if it started and run carefully. and 15 songs on a cd can be easily copyrighted.

I usually copyright my beats every 30 beats. So $35 to copyright for 30 beats. That $1.16 for each track. Thats good insurance for knowing that my beat is protected.

Back