Marketing My 1st Hip Hop Album

AnimalRap

Ok!

I am planning to release a hip hop project, a 6 song EP, for fans of underground / indie rap. I have a famous underground artist featured on one song, and the entire EP is produced by a well known underground hip hop producer from the UK. I hired an A&R and overall music industry giant who represents many underground rappers and is President of A&R at a successful semi official record label to A&R this project. I paid him $2000 and another $1500 to his PR. Right now my project is getting ready to be sent out for mastering. What should I be getting ready to do? I do not want to bother my A&R too much with my ignorance but this is my first time releasing music for sale and promoting it. Can anyone with experience releasing a semi professional project gimme a list of what I need to be doing.

My music is ready for mastering, once that's done I will need to copywrite my music and then upload it to iTunes and amazon? Anything else before or after that process in terms of how to properly release the project?

Once its released the PR company is going to blast the shit out of it online thru social media and online forums. Again, what else should I expect and want from these people?

What I want from my A&R is college radio play, and assistance with marketing and promotion. What kind of services can I get this A&R to provide for me? please be specific

First - bother any guy you pay for, the bigger they are the less they'll do for you if you're not someone, so make sure to remind them

Second , make your website ready and all social media's pages you cn possibly think of
Youtube channel of course with videos

If I were you I would learn how to work with Youtube ads, make a killer video, and use it as an ad.
If the video is good it would actually get great prices and 2000$ can get you a long way
Make sure your albm is on sale everywhere, use Cdbaby\Tunecore, and sell on your webpage

Your views should now translate into money, money that you can reinvest

Make sure to make your social media pages active all the time

Back