Marketing Beats on youtube - important marketing technique

RayRayBeats

Beginner Banker
Hey, my name is Raymond and I'm virtually a nobody but I'm writing this because i experienced some success recently thus i have some tips to help other producers market their instrumentals online. This is tip number 1 - YOUTUBE. Every one of my clients come to me through youtube. I have a channel about hiphop and hiphop production that is growing. I do beatmaking videos, videos of me rapping on my own beats and i even vlog about music production. I got 3 new clients in the past two weeks who all need exclusives, so they're putting some decent money in my pocket. This is how i did it. Have you heard of the rapper from florida named 'Stitches' with his hot new single Brick in yo face? when that music video moved from worldstar to Youtube, I anticipated that it was gonna get hundreds of thousands of views, so I filmed a video of me talking about the "brick in yo face" music video by stitches, put one of my dopest beats in the background, came up with a really nifty thumbnail and called the video "beats vlog 2, brick in yo face by stitches. Now if you search "brick in yo face" my vlog appears directly under the official music video on youtube. My vlog got 4k views in less than two weeks and i've gotten 3 genuine customers from that stupid vlog video. I don't even care about stitches, i just foresaw a trend and I exploited it to gain attention to my youtube channel, which happens to promote my brand RayRayBeats - my brand as a PRODUCER. Tons of rappers saw that vlog, saw that i was sitting in a music studio and heard my beat in the background. The best part about it is that the vlog wasn't even about ME or MY music. I only gave subtle hints. I think it gets old when producers online are all about ME, MY MUSIC, MY BEATS, look what I DID. I found a way to promote my brand by shedding light on something else that happened to be trending. This is a process that hopefully i will repeat in the future, if i foresee any more rap videos going viral. Here's the link to the vlog i told you about, so you can see for yourself. I hope this was helpful :) Have a good day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEpx74_1sQ

I agree, youtube is really helpful. A lot of my clients hit me up on my youtube channel, I should upload more stuff there.

Props man. Good job! I have nothing bad to say. I too am trying to find a way to promote my music. For now it's only through passing my Soundcloud link around lol. I might get on my Youtube account and start uploading there. Thanks for the tip.

Hey I was thinking the same about putting up beats on YouTube. I have a tutorial channel, Triple A. - YouTube but was thinking on making a new channel just to promote and sell beats. What do y'all think?

Hey I was thinking the same about putting up beats on YouTube. I have a tutorial channel, Triple A. - YouTube but was thinking on making a new channel just to promote and sell beats. What do y'all think?

If you're a producer, why are you attempting to teach other producers how to sell beats? You're not trying to sell to producers, are you?

My opinion? Don't bother making a new channel to talk about selling beats...

Talk about selling albums instead.

And if you liked my reply, and want to learn how to actually target the correct market for you, check out Internal Affairs. Here's a link to how to create effective goals for your music career. I'll be posting a blog post on segmentation tomorrow.

:berzerk:

Cheers,
Jordan

P.S. I like the Mobb Deep remake. Only found out the sample just a few days ago.

If you're a producer, why are you attempting to teach other producers how to sell beats? You're not trying to sell to producers, are you?

My opinion? Don't bother making a new channel to talk about selling beats...

No that channel is to teach people how to make music produce and etc. I was thinking to make a new channel to sell beats to artist and other people and in no way want to teach people how to sell beats. Just wanted an opinion if I should use the same channel or just make a new YouTube channel just to try and sell beats to artist.

No that channel is to teach people how to make music produce and etc. I was thinking to make a new channel to sell beats to artist and other people and in no way want to teach people how to sell beats. Just wanted an opinion if I should use the same channel or just make a new YouTube channel just to try and sell beats to artist.

Apologies, I completely misread. I'm very tired lol.

If you're teaching the music production as a separate business then create a new channel just for your beats. You can obviously interlink your personal brand (Triple A) between the two, but try not to mix your two target markets of "budding producer" and "artist that needs a producer".

Cheers,
Jordan

Back