Making money!!!!! Music producersss

Guttah2010

Okay so I'm trying to figure out how producers make money befor they blow!!
i mean most ppl say quit working at McDonald and focus on music. Marketing ect.
What are some good jobs or hustles to make some good pocket money besides flipping burgers and selling drugs.

What are some good jobs or hustles to make some good pocket money besides flipping burgers and selling drugs.

Selling drugs, really? That will never be a good job to have. Start selling your beats and stop wasting time, this is how producer make money before they blow. My blogs are dedicated to making money, marketing, promo, etc.

It ain't rocket science...

I gotta admit though, I've noticed that slanging beats relates to slanging herb in a way. Both can be lucrative if you have a lot of clients and your product is top notch lol Especially when you're dealing with bigga figures, not street level grinders. It's all about hustle and networking.
Btw, I'm not saying you should move weight, I'm just simply making an observation.

Last edited:
I would continue working and stacking up your money pay your bills,save,have a budget for promo/marketing/soundclick or website design, being able to pay for version of Myflashstore or IsellBetternow player,etc...
you have to be able to invest in your business to make business
you can start at the grassroot level and continue to improve you situation

click on my banner and I'll help you come up with a plan so you can start making a profit from your craft
the information is out there for you to do this yourself
where is your link to your instrumentals
get yourself 21 posts on here so you can post links sir
blessings

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

"What are some good jobs or hustles to make some good pocket money besides flipping burgers and selling drugs."

The good thing about selling drugs is when you get caught they got some dope studio set ups in prison so you can learn about music production and how to dispose of a body properly ALL at the same while you are staying there.

But on a serious note......why do we always look to drugs as a way to make fast money?

"What are some good jobs or hustles to make some good pocket money besides flipping burgers and selling drugs."

The good thing about selling drugs is when you get caught they got some dope studio set ups in prison so you can learn about music production and how to dispose of a body properly ALL at the same while you are staying there.

But on a serious note......why do we always look to drugs as a way to make fast money?

maybe because it's promoted by some of ppl favorite rap artists
just listen to a song on the radio it's either drug or sex related,or violent related
this are the main themes in rap music or just plain boasting on money and power

that's why I listen to this which is the opposite and this straight sick beat and flow

Cause that's how the system is set up. How do you think drugs get into the country in the first place? Our government brings them here. The war on drugs is nothing but a huge profit scandal for private prisons and also their way of keeping power over the people.

Keep everyone drugged up and they won't revolt. Pharmaceutical companies are the biggest drug pushers of them all. Since when the **** does everyone need anti depressants? And why the hell are people depressed anyway? I never had any of these issues as a kid nor did I know anyone else who did... My parents never needed them, did anyone else's?

Last edited:
Cause that's how the system is set up. How do you think drugs get into the country in the first place? Our government brings them here. The war on drugs is nothing but a huge profit scandal for private prisons and also their way of keeping power over the people.

Keep everyone drugged up and they won't revolt. Pharmaceutical companies are the biggest drug pushers of them all. Since when the **** does everyone need anti depressants? And why the hell are people depressed anyway? I never had any of these issues as a kid nor did I know anyone else who did... My parents never needed them, did anyone else's?

Seriously guys? I thought the thread was about ways to make money as a producer, not a drug dealer. Anyone who believes that beats are sold the same way drugs is sadly mistaken. As far as I know, people buy drugs because of their physical and mental addiction to them. People buy beats because rhythm is needed for song completion. I thought you guys would've learned from the mistakes artists made when trying to sell music to gas station customers, like some kind of drug.

Who here sells their music, besides me?

People buy beats cause rhythm is needed to fill a song? Well people buy weed cause herb is needed to fill a bong lol
On a sreious note though you're right, I apologize for my rant. I'm just very opinionated when it comes to certain subjects. For the record, I am no longer involved in the "hustle" if that's what you're thinking.
I do have a 9-5 as a way of sustaining my way of survival while I network and market my music hoping to one day make a living doing what I love. So my best advice for the OP would be to just get a job that gives you enough time off of work to continue pursuing your passion for making music.
I like the job I have, I'm off everyday at the same time so I have at least 5-6 hours a day to produce. I also get weekends off so that gives me two full days of creation time. I like having a set schedule, but that's just how I work.

Last edited:

They either sell their beats or they have a job. If you have a job get a better paying one. there are all kinds of tech schools out there. The medical field is easy to get into has great pay and benefits especially if you work over night shifts.

There are a lot of opportunities out there

I work in the medical profession and i find its really helping me pay my bills easily and i'm still able to put a bit away to improve my craft. I suggest producers starting out invest their time into 3 spheres:

learning about the technicalities of the music industry and how things are run in your area - read, read and read some more about all things musical, Network always and realize that you wont make it as a one man army in this day and age. I'm certain there are threads here about who is vital for a successful team and where they can be found.

Don't rush it - Take time to perfect your craft before send out a really bad product

Save - money needs to be put in to be made. I'm not certain how much money is needed elsewhere but I've established how much I need to get my set up going in my country and I'm saving up toward that target.

I am aware that there are more spheres but these are the ones I've found are easy to start with. Once you've built up your brand enough, the coins will start to trickle in ;0

They either sell their beats or they have a job. If you have a job get a better paying one. there are all kinds of tech schools out there. The medical field is easy to get into has great pay and benefits especially if you work over night shifts.

There are a lot of opportunities out there

Medical field is not easy to get into, it's very competitive but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
My advice would be to get a "real" career and use that career to fuel your music production career/hobby.

Medical field is not easy to get into, it's very competitive but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
My advice would be to get a "real" career and use that career to fuel your music production career/hobby.

I guess it depends on 1. Where you are located and 2. what you're applying for rn,cna,tech,dental,receptionist,lab,resp therapy 3. Who you know but good advice use a career to fuel it

Last edited:
the longer you look at music production as a hobby, the longer things will be that way.
you look at it as your side job
extra income and perform it as a professional in every manner.
build,build,improve your production company's situation and if doing your production company full time is your goal keep evolving your business plan to get to that point

you look at it as your side job
extra income and perform it as a professional in every manner.
build,build,improve your production company's situation and if doing your production company full time is your goal keep evolving your business plan to get to that point
Idk i just look at it as what im gonna do for the rest of my life take it how you want it lol

Last edited:
Idk i just look at it as what im gonna do for the rest of my life take it how you want it lol

that's fine but for me that's how I have to run my business why
1. I have a wife
2. I have children
3. got make sure I pay that car note,light/gas bill,cable bill,etc..
4. healthcare coverage
5.401k/my job hook up a great package, I mean really good saving beyond matching
I have alot of ppl depending on me,so I have to make sure I have steady income coming in
and hopefully be blessed to make extremely good amount of money from my media/ent.

yeah im in a different situation

and use that situation to your advantage
learn to save and having a budget it will come in handle with your business and generally in life

Back