Major With a Minor?

RyanTrapstar

Okay so heres my plan.

I plan to go to a 2 year community college to major in music, then I plan to take that to a 4 year college where I will minor in Marketing, in case the whole music thing doesnt work out. Is that a good plan or should it be vice versa?

most people who make it in the music industry never major'd in music.. major in business at your cc.. then when you transfer to a 4 year.. major in marketing and MINOR in music... that's what i did... i'm learning theory and it def helped with my productions a little

How is buisness & marketing? & what do you know about a major in sociology I also have an interest in that also. Is a sociology major good?

Okay so heres my plan.

I plan to go to a 2 year community college to major in music, then I plan to take that to a 4 year college where I will minor in Marketing, in case the whole music thing doesnt work out. Is that a good plan or should it be vice versa?

That sounds like a plan to me.

If you were doing accounts or economics, yes, you'd do quite a lot of math. But even then, it's simple stuff.

The only time you'd be doing math in marketing is when you're looking at marketing analytics - which is again simple stuff. Very rarely will math come in to it otherwise.

P.S. I'm not good at Math either.

Last edited:
1. Great first plan, stick to your guns.
2. Avoid sociology and any other social science(except economics) as a major..PERIOD!
3. Accounting is the superior business oriented major in a good or bad job market...PERIOD!
4. If you do decide to major in an ancillary business field, there will be lot's of math: 2 economics, 2 accounting, 1 finance, 1 algebra, 1 business calculus, 1 business stat's...that's only for the first two year's no matter the major.
5. Whatever you decide to do, always check indeed.com and type in the degree name followed by "degree" to test the market....Hell for kick's...look up sociology degree...even though you will not be getting that degree.

Last edited:
Back