LF old thread with info on how to profit on inst soundtracks w/ BMI+YouTube+??site

CM03

Hello,

I remember an informative old thread where someone gave suggestions on not only how to register with BMI but also how to market you soundtracks to people who are looking for filler music for their youtube content (good websites to register with for this?). I remember the first reply being something to this extent of "this is rather easy to do but no one does this" of that rings any bells. I know this is a weird request but the thread was really helpful and I cant't find it on the search for the life of me. Thanks!

Here's the quick way to do it. Put out a project through CD baby, this only cost $29 at the moment. When you distribute your song through CD baby choose the option to license your songs through Rumblefish. This requires you use original music and no samples, or cover songs. Rumblefish handles the licesning for Youtube videos. Of course you also have to make sure that your songs are registered with BMI.

Back