Legally can't sell beats.

lazyboysc

(Sorry for possibly not posting this in the right place :P)

So i'm a 16 year old producer out of Australia, and i legally can not sell beats..

I've been working on improving my production for a few months now and was planning on looking into my method of eventually selling my beats later on, I've just done that now and iv'e just found out there is no legal way for me to set up my Paypal for incoming funds, its just impossible.. I have a debit card that i can use but with the laws around paypal in my country its impossible for me to set up a business account under my name. (i am also unable to set up an account in a guardians name)

I can't sell beats without a service that eliminates the middleman because that would be even more impossible for me anyway. (being under 18)
If i am mistaken and there is another way for me to sell my beats i would greatly appreciate any feedback on that!

So now i'm kinda lost.. i worked on production in hopes of generating some income eventually but its a real bummer to find out that its not going to be possible for at least the next 2 years or so.. (unless i'm mistaken and theres a beat selling site that doesn't require Paypal, or verification of being a sole trader, ect)

but yeah not really sure where i can go from here.. any ideas for what i could be doing now? (not really sure how to go about working with artists or anything but i'd love some advice)

You don't have to have a Paypal Business account to receive payments, just use a personal account that is fully verified.
if you are unable to do this I would suggest third party companies such as Google Wallet, perhaps? There are alternatives to Paypal, though it is the most commonly used.
Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Thing is every third party website ive checked out for selling beats requires your paypal account to be either a "Premier" account (not available where i live) or a Business account (which i am unable to set up)
It all has to do with their automated payment systems for getting you the money after someones bought a beat

Last edited:
Back