Learn how to construct a Non-exclusive license for selling beats

seq

I have written up a contract that you all can use to sell non-exclusive beats. You can copy and paste the license agreement here License for Purchasing Beats | Instrumental Music. you will have to change a few small details or you can just use my license as a guideline when constructing your license agreement. Best of luck to all and hit me up with any questions!

why is it that typical lease rights grant something like 1000/2000/2500 sold copies of their recording, if they only pay between $10-$30 dollars for a lease? if they sell the song for a dollar, are you still entitled to some portion of the $1000/$2000/$2500 that would come if it sold that many times? a $20 dollar lease to make $2000 off selling a song 2,000 times for a dollar doesn't seem proportionate. do they just never sell anywhere near that much copies?

why is it that typical lease rights grant something like 1000/2000/2500 sold copies of their recording, if they only pay between $10-$30 dollars for a lease? if they sell the song for a dollar, are you still entitled to some portion of the $1000/$2000/$2500 that would come if it sold that many times? a $20 dollar lease to make $2000 off selling a song 2,000 times for a dollar doesn't seem proportionate. do they just never sell anywhere near that much copies?

You can adjust the number suiting You better.
You have to give artist a motivation and good looking profit opportunity for them to be interested in getting the beat.
Also, You just sell the beat for 30$, but the artist still have to go and promote that song, meet with the people, get on stage, build presence and buzz. So I think 2k is good enough motivation for that.
You can also throw in the lease that You want to share some of the profit from sold song, if the artist is down with that.

I have seen this in some contract previews, for example: Governing Law.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] This License is governed by and shall be construed under the law of the Austin, TX USA, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof.

[/COLOR]Is this important and how do you determine where your contract is governed specifically?

I have seen this in some contract previews, for example: Governing Law.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] This License is governed by and shall be construed under the law of the Austin, TX USA, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof.

[/COLOR]Is this important and how do you determine where your contract is governed specifically?

I'm not sure about US law, but based on my knowledge as a lawyer from different country, this is usually used in case of potential law suit - if u had line like this in your contract, it guarantee to you that if someone sue's you, the trial would occur before a court in state Texas, under TX law.

Back