Thread: Learn how to construct a Non-exclusive license for selling beats

Thanks

Learn how to construct a Non-exclusive license for selling beats

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have written up a contract that you all can use to sell non-exclusive beats. You can copy and paste the license agreement here License for Purchasing Beats | Instrumental Music. you will have to change a few small details or you can just use my license as a guideline when constructing your license agreement. Best of luck to all and hit me up with any questions!

Thanks
    Bookmarked. Gonna adjust some things and use it. Like how You made it all clan and easy to read with chapters and so.
    Purple Six Recordz
    SoundCloud | YouTube

Thanks
    nice write-up, thanks for sharing it!
    Hit me up on Facebook!

Thanks
    Thanks for checking it out! I hope it helped you in some way!

Thanks
    why is it that typical lease rights grant something like 1000/2000/2500 sold copies of their recording, if they only pay between $10-$30 dollars for a lease? if they sell the song for a dollar, are you still entitled to some portion of the $1000/$2000/$2500 that would come if it sold that many times? a $20 dollar lease to make $2000 off selling a song 2,000 times for a dollar doesn't seem proportionate. do they just never sell anywhere near that much copies?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seanswagcity View Post
    why is it that typical lease rights grant something like 1000/2000/2500 sold copies of their recording, if they only pay between $10-$30 dollars for a lease? if they sell the song for a dollar, are you still entitled to some portion of the $1000/$2000/$2500 that would come if it sold that many times? a $20 dollar lease to make $2000 off selling a song 2,000 times for a dollar doesn't seem proportionate. do they just never sell anywhere near that much copies?
    You can adjust the number suiting You better.
    You have to give artist a motivation and good looking profit opportunity for them to be interested in getting the beat.
    Also, You just sell the beat for 30$, but the artist still have to go and promote that song, meet with the people, get on stage, build presence and buzz. So I think 2k is good enough motivation for that.
    You can also throw in the lease that You want to share some of the profit from sold song, if the artist is down with that.
    Purple Six Recordz
    SoundCloud | YouTube

Thread Information