Lack Of Audience When Posting Beats Online

$KHEME BLSDIT

Ive been posting beats on Youtube, Soundcloud, Twitter, for a little over a year now but nothing seems to happen audiance-wise. Do some producers pay for promotion?

The best way is to have a team or record label. This'll grow and become a free promotion outlet for everyone on the team.
I wrote an article about this if you want to read more about it. Here: Online Music Promotion Tips | epsilon144.com

For youtube, you need lots of tags and you'll start to rank higher in google searches and related videos. For soundcloud, since it's not as developed, you need support from other people. "Paid for promotion" can be okay, yes sure. Just make sure the channels are real and credible. Some are good and some are bad. The bad ones will guarantee a certain number of views, likes, etc and take your money before you send them your music. The good ones review your song first and then accept it, or reject it. If they accept it, cool! they'll post or repost your song and let it do it's thing naturally.

...but check out the link to my article, it has some good free information.

Last edited:
You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, but the times of organic growth through "just posting stuff" are simply gone, because there are a couple of million other people doing exactly the same. Actually getting above the rest is hard work: you need to start from what makes you different or better than the others and then leveraging that advantage to boost your visibility. Of course you can spam different social media and other groups, or pay for promotion and whatnot, but bear in mind that that option is viable...again, to everyone else.

True talks. There's a million others just like me.. but aye what's that music you make? Never heard something like that. Mane I wanna lay my drums over that instrumental.

Last edited:
You have to do more than make great music. You have to get people to either like you or hate you. You need charisma and personality and style and swagger.

What are you into besides music? Sports? Cars? Girls? Fashion? Guns? Video games?

Provide an experience instead of simply making great music. Great music is the minimum. Do more and more and more to get people to pay attention to everything you do and say. If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin!

A lot of people pay for promotion, or for views. Doesn't always mean they're getting leases or placements, though. Don't get discouraged!

We're starting up a site trying to make it easier for producers to get heard and get feedback (a lot of big producers have accounts- !llmind is a cofounder). It's free to sign-up and share your work, check us out.
beatthread.com

What you are doing wrong is expecting to be found via promo but nowadays this is not the era of get discovered by an already known person who is "successful" (based on the media definition). If you have a scene where you are try to infiltrate it as a fan first producer second.

You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, but the times of organic growth through "just posting stuff" are simply gone, because there are a couple of million other people doing exactly the same. Actually getting above the rest is hard work: you need to start from what makes you different or better than the others and then leveraging that advantage to boost your visibility. Of course you can spam different social media and other groups, or pay for promotion and whatnot, but bear in mind that that option is viable...again, to everyone else.

This ^^

:cheers:

Back