Keys To Success as an Artist : Self Belief

Sal_Meth

TrillWavez
Reading the title you might have said to your self that it’s obvious, but do you really believe in yourself ? do you really believe your dreams are going to become reality ? I should tell you that most people don’t, and if you’re doubting your dreams, please Read On.

"You should understand that what you truly believe is what really happens, it’s a law of the universe" Tell that to the crazy person who jumped off the roof believing they could fly.
"has it ever happened to you that you believed something was going to happen and it did ?" Firstly that is awful grammar, secondly believing doesn't make something happen. You can't attract good luck or any other of this bs. Consider this scenario: everyone believes they will win the lottery full heartedly then what happens? If everyone wins the prize would be less than what they spent, if only a few people won then your theory would be wrong.

"it’s the same thing here, just that it’s something much bigger, and something that will take a whole lot of time and effort until you really see any results." Again terrible grammar, what is the same thing here? What is something much bigger? So are you saying effort is the key or belief?

"Alot of rappers quit halfway through, they just think it’s harder than they thought it was and they don’t want to lose money investing in their Business, they don’t want to pay for Videos, and for Beatsand Marketing, they rather buy a pair of new J’s and chill with the homies at the clubs." A lot* If they thought it was harder than they thought it was then wouldn't that make it easier than they thought, seriously if you're going to write an article: 1) Know what you're talking about 2) Learn understandable english 3) Don't throw out stereotypes of rappers in the clubs chillin' with their homies. Business shouldn't be capitalized.

"God is trying to test your faith and see if you really want it as bad as you say you want it" Nope.

"Success lies within your Belief and your Actions." Finally something that makes grammatical sense and isn't complete nonsense, although this is probably the most basic thing anyone comes to understand about achieving goals and i would doubt anyone on this forum needs to be told this.

Smh. Nice little ad for your beats on the side there, maybe next time trying sharing some useful knowledge instead of writing a poorly thought out really short article in the hopes we won't notice it's badly disguised promotion.

Im sure he wrote some useful stuff stop giving him a hard time. This isn't english class and if it was even you dont use correct grammar 100% of the time. Half of getting something done is getting up to do it, so let him write his article & inspire some people

Im sure he wrote some useful stuff stop giving him a hard time. This isn't english class and if it was even you dont use correct grammar 100% of the time. Half of getting something done is getting up to do it, so let him write his article & inspire some people

You use correct grammar at least 80% of the time if you want anyone to understand it. There wasn't anything in there i found remotely inspiring, it's like he watched one YouTube "inspirational video" and just poorly wrote out what he heard in his own words. I could get over the bad grammar if there was even one new or interesting idea here. This guy put zero time and effort into writing this and deserves to be verbally ***** slapped until he stops wasting everyones time. His response to me should tell you all you need to know about his personality traits.

Haters are indeed going to hate when you write complete trash i wouldn't wipe my ass with. Good day to you sir.

We'll see who comes out on top at the end Olie, and thanks Tiscii, people just don't understand how to be positive they just wanna talk trash... but it's all good, it's from mistakes that we learn.

What was your intention behind posting this thread? Positive information for the community or poorly written garbage with no evidence backing it up made to try and get hits to your site? Why not post your information directly here without the links to build up your credibility first? If your intentions were self involved and to spread poorly informed information you better believe my intention is to tear you down before anyone believes this nonsense.

If you believe everything you hear and see in a video then i'm done, no speaking sense into a moron. The only thing that video will give me is false hope in something with no backing/evidence in reality leading to poor decision making.

We'll see who comes out on top at the end Olie
Indeed we will, i doubt it's going to be the guy with poor judgement and gullability then again, you may end up as one of these signed artists being taken for everything they make because the label tells you it's a good deal and you make a snap decision instead of doing the proper research.

Im sure he wrote some useful stuff stop giving him a hard time.
Sounds like the guy didn't even read your article, it's hillarious you're thanking him.

In the end i hope this is a reality check for you and you place your feet square back on the ground, good luck to you.

Last edited:
Thank you. and English is not my native language, so doing stuff like this will help improve it.

Last edited:
Lool olie. So rape is allowed in these forums? lol

Such statements are not welcome here at fp

I will wait for an admin to discuss this with but you are on notice that this type of discussion is unsavoury and unwelcome

Jokes aside, although I agree, that was a little harsh.

actually I thought it was reasonable thing to do as it was addressing the content not the person; i.e. he was attacking the ideas not man, that is cornerstone of all debate attack the ideas but not the person; the op is aware of my thoughts on this

Ignore Ollie, he looks like an ******* talking all that bs. I think its great what you're doing, its inspirational.

Anyway, I agree. Self belief pretty much plays a big part when it comes to the music biz.

Last edited:
It takes more than believing to achieve the types of goals I go for. For example, although I know that I have access to all of the tools and resources available to successfully promote music, certain other steps are required sell the music I promote. Getting music on iTunes, setting up performances, logging studio and rehearsal times all require other levels of dedication. It's not enough to just believe in yourself to become rich or successful.

We must ask to receive! Ever heard someone say, "Man they're really asking for it...?" Most of the time its in reference to some persons irritating actions, diving another to the brink of confrontation. Actions speak louder than words; which is where most people fail IMO. Words speak one thing, yet actions state a person's true intentions, most of the time; unfortunately I've known some really good liars. Oh yeah, it also helps to have a good strategy for achieving success in any line of work.
Actions determine outcomes and plans determine our actions.

I understand why people give the whole don't give up speech from time to time. Personally though, I want certain people to give up; especially, the ones who prevent really good music from making it to my ears due to laziness, procrastination or fear.

Ignore Ollie, he looks like an ******* talking all that bs. I think its great what you're doing, its inspirational.

Anyway, I agree. Self belief pretty much plays a big part when it comes to the music biz.

It's great what he's doing, don't get me wrong but he should put some effort and research into it and also try to get some grounding in science before writing a single word, or at the very least take advice, my criticisms may have been harsh but there's plenty he could have used in it to improve. Self belief can you make you confident and more motivated to keep going but it does not make you good.Using simple logic you can disprove success equaling self belief.

Here's an example to demonstrate my point: the OP obviously has self belief due to him writing the article (unless he doesn't practise what he preaches), however once i pointed out grammatical mistakes in his article and logical flaws he decided not to edit or improve upon it, ergo he will not be successful because he chooses not to take advice or even go off and do his own research to improve himself. The only reason i can see for this is because he believes in himself to the point where he ignores all outside advice and/or always considers himself right, although i'm speculating on that point. He may just not care about the quality of his writing.

P.S. anyone else notice in the middle of the article he starts talking about how you should invest in yourself then where he says the word beats he links the word to his own music? Not to mention the obvious shopping cart on the right with his beats there too. He wants us to invest in him when he won't invest the time to educate himself and deliver some value in his articles. This is my main beef.

Last edited:
Once again Olie, English is not my native language, and i do go to school to learn so that is an investment, it's not the grammar that matters it's the message, and u clearly didn't get it.
and ofcourse i'll be advertising my beats, it's my blog, and i pay for it monthly, and i got to make an income, so please, go do something worthwile and stop analyzing every little mistake i've done.

and ProducerJC you are right, most people fail to take action, or they do but then give up, only the ones with the strongest will and the most faith survive. I think i'll write a blog post about Taking Action. (and it doesn't matter what you say Ollie)

P.S. anyone else notice in the middle of the article he starts talking about how you should invest in yourself then where he says the word beats he links the word to his own music? Not to mention the obvious shopping cart on the right with his beats there too. He wants us to invest in him when he won't invest the time to educate himself and deliver some value in his articles. This is my main beef.

It's tough for those that are just getting started online, and threads like these are on our road to success. I remember when I was just a guy trying to sell stuff online, as a matter of fact I still am. There's nothing wrong with trying to bring attention to the beats that we have online, I thought that was the point; or am I missing something here, other than the his lack of experience with certain successes?

jc, I have to disagree with you

this type of linking to a blog (without summarising it) that has an ad revenue driven base and then links to self-promo material is conning everyone into providing the originator with a pingback to their advertising stream is a very base form of self-promo spam

we permit where the users concerned are not dropping them everyday and are at least trying to be good members of the fp community most of the time; personally I find them offensive because for the most part they are poorly researched, poorly written and mostly about driving revenue back to their sites either though sales or ad revenues - i.e. it is bait and switch: you go over looking for one thing when in fact you are being exploited for another purpose entirely

add to the above the fact that most modern browsers do not allow yo to pick and choose which cookies you accept and reject and there is a bunch of data harvesting going on that you know nothing about - it is why I am still using Opera 12 at this time as I can control what cookie are accepted and rejected including the ability to exclude certain classes of cookies completely (3rd party cookies that assume because you say yes to the site they have also been told yes)

jc, I have to disagree with you

this type of linking to a blog (without summarising it) that has an ad revenue driven base and then links to self-promo material is conning everyone into providing the originator with a pingback to their advertising stream is a very base form of self-promo spam

we permit where the users concerned are not dropping them everyday and are at least trying to be good members of the fp community most of the time; personally I find them offensive because for the most part they are poorly researched, poorly written and mostly about driving revenue back to their sites either though sales or ad revenues - i.e. it is bait and switch: you go over looking for one thing when in fact you are being exploited for another purpose entirely

add to the above the fact that most modern browsers do not allow yo to pick and choose which cookies you accept and reject and there is a bunch of data harvesting going on that you know nothing about - it is why I am still using Opera 12 at this time as I can control what cookie are accepted and rejected including the ability to exclude certain classes of cookies completely (3rd party cookies that assume because you say yes to the site they have also been told yes)

I can see how this specific post would be frowned upon, thanks for speaking up. Sometimes it can be difficult to see the line between sharing usable information and spamming people. I get a good amount of web traffic from FP, hopefully I'm not considered a spammer. My website is affiliated, meaning that Guitar Center and a few other companies pay me for website referrals; however, I'm very selective regarding the links I share with people. I don't come here for the purpose of driving traffic to my site or making money, I just like interacting with FP members and posting helps me out a lot. The web traffic I get from here is a bonus.

What are some other types of post that would be considered as spamming?

Last edited:
Back