Just a little something I wrote about the beat selling game

juse

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thepower of the internet has made it possible for musicians and artiststo promote and share their work across the world with the simpleclick of the mouse. I has revolutionized the way songwriters andlyricists buy rap beats online. The internet has become a commonplace for artists to network with A&R’s, managers, producers,and recording engineers. Every service that artist’s need for theirmusic is available and easily accessible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Ididn’t start selling my instrumentals until late 2011. I have beenproducing since 2008. It’s not that my music wasn’t good enoughto market; the reason is because I did not know that selling beatswas even an option. The first thing that I heard about marketingbeats is the dedication of doing promotions. This means one must havemuch patience in order to reap the benefits of this investment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Thefirst time I tried promotion, I saw no results because of the lack ofeffort I put in. This is why marketing music is an investment and notan overnight scheme. I started doing online promotions andadvertisements around my third year of producing. I sold my firstbeat after constantly posting up promotions on social networkingsites everyday for about two months straight. I finally understoodwhy promotions and advertising was so important. After another monthof advertising, I noticed that I was slowly gaining more inquires formy beats every other day. There’s usually a week in each month whenI get inquires every single day about purchasing my instrumentals. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thebest part about the beat selling market is the convenience of thework. All of my sales are online and come from people that have foundmy beats through the internet. Selling beats online has foreverchanged how producers balance their art and business. Producers todayare researching marketing and advertising techniques as commonly asthey produce beats. They can even promote or research promotingmethods while they are traveling with the use of cell phones withinternet capabilities. Selling beats online has even become a sidejob for most producers that don’t make a living off theentertainment industry. The internet gives average hobbyists thepossibilities of having their music heard by millions of people. [/FONT]

Back