Just left aftermath studios!!! First fxkin major placement!!!!!

v.ray21

T0P HEAVY ENT.
WENT AND RECEIVED MY CHECK!!!!

i was going to be humble about this but im still fxkin shocked. i have a friend who is a rep for Aftermath and he was telling me that he bumps my beats at his desk. i swore he was bullshitting and trying to play w/ my head when he told me that Royce da 5'9 and Joe Budden heard one of my tracks and asked him "yo, who built that shit man?" his exact words.

so some weeks went by then he hits me up nd says "come with me to the studio and bring your laptop, never bring a cd wth your work on it, thats how you get fxcked over" so sure enough i do that. i walk in at about 6:30am and im sitting in the loby with my bag for at least 1 hour. fckin every breakfast item you can think of available to eat!! lol, next thing i know is i hear a group of dudes talking then i hear a laugh that sounds like Eminem. im like naa **** no cant be. sure enough it was slim shady himself and he says " you mike, is this yo boy?" he said yup.

we walked into studio A where beats are mastered and jumpoff says "let me hear some dope shit. if its wack you might as well walk out now" he scrolls through about 15 beats i made and picks 3 out. then he goes, "ill give you $10k each for em" i had a look like wtf? hell yeah!! then they start laughing and he says what you want for em? i told him whatever they wanna throw my way, im just excited to be ****ing with yall right now. long stor shortthey print up a contract that says what they are purchasing from me and the rights for the tracks and i signed the contract. got a check cut for $2400 ($800 EA.) and i sat in for the first listening session. exchanged email information with joey and royce. then i left but a hour later cuz i got the groupie feeling.

all in all, im hyped! i was going to post the tracks i gave them but i realized that aint too smart. im exited to see what they are using them for and how they are going to turn out. only thing is while the contract is being notarized, i didnt include anything to justify if they were to turn them into mega hits. but hey, not bad for an at home producer that does it for fun! hope i get future work with them.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

whats to hmmmmmm about? obviously it was a joke. they're funny as hell. i didnt even care to get paid for em. i produce for fun and people say i am good at it. i do beats for a lot of local cats that have good buzz, so to be in the presence of musical artist of whch i enjoy listening to was crazy.

Congratulations. You may get a lot of people come in here and say "man you got robbed" etc.....don't listen to that. Make the connections, get the credits, and charge the next artist more.

Keep up the good work,

Justin "F Major" Myracks

Congratulations. You may get a lot of people come in here and say "man you got robbed" etc.....don't listen to that. Make the connections, get the credits, and charge the next artist more.

Keep up the good work,

Justin "F Major" Myracks

thanks man. thats all i was thinking. when they asked me for a fee i was going to just tell them to give me full credit for the tracks and im good. but they came up w/ the 800 ea. must be the limit for "unknown" producers no matter what the track sounds like. cant wait for them to come out. now i have a major artist under my credits and hopefully the whole slaughterhouse gets on em cuz they make crazy hits

Last edited:
Cool_story_bro.jpg

Just phuggin with you, congrats man. Did you sign all your rights over?

I wouldn't post the tracks.

im a college student so the 2400 is double wht i make a month at Foot Locker. im not trippin, and honestly two of the tracks were sample based and one original. maybe 2-3 hours work on each track. basically one 8 hour shift at my job nd i made $2400. haha, ill take that

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Just phuggin with you, congrats man. Did you sign all your rights over?

I wouldn't post the tracks.

naa i still have full rights to the tracks. i was well aware of how that goes. once my copy of the contract comes in the mail i will post it. i gave them unlimited use of the tracks as long as i kept the full rights and some other misc shxt they added. they also got the samples cleared so all systems go!! im basically fxcked if the tracks blow up tho. i cant get any royalties at all. but this was my first time dealing with a major, so i guess itstime to strap up my lawyer game for entertainment.

Last edited:
Congrats man! Hope all turns out well. I hope I can post a story like that eventually lol.. I hope I can hear those tracks sometime

just curious when you sold them the beats did they want the seperate tracks to em also? just curious, if that ever happen to me I want to be prepared.

how did you send them the tracks were they mp3's or split wav tracks.

good shit homie n congratsbein in the presence of greats n bein an bedroom producer fck wat the money talkin bout shit anythin is good as long as u build ur credits and placements and interact n network ya feel networkin is priceless n dont worry bout joe or royce puttin out ne hitz anytime soon

Congrats man, that's dope.
I would have been a little pissed in the drop from 10k to 2400, but at the same time I would have been overwhelmed to have my work going to artists like that.
Hopefully those tracks make it to a single or album. And it would be sick to get your name printed somewhere along the credits.

Proof again that a sample-based producer can chop samples and not worry about the clearance, so long as label takes care of it on their end.

You're right about the fact you'll be kicking yourself in the butt without having any royalties.
But if that music gets out, all you need to do is say "here's what I've done" and you'll have people half as popular paying double what you sold that for.

Again, congrats.

thats sick bro congrats, its $2,400 more than me and most... sounds like a new piece of equipment!

Back