Its not your music...its your money. Save up and then promote.

acetheface954

Just in case you were thinking of calling it quits I feel you should know that its not your fault that you haven't made a dent in anything yet. From my years of getting everything set up for myself by learning how to produce on down to how to promote what I produce, it has appeared to me that we will never make it. Does anyone realize how much money it takes these days for a YouTube video to go viral off of views? what the cost is to gain some PR? promote on sites like Beatport and Google Play? Grow a fan base online and off? HIGH HUNDREDS TO THOUSANDS...of dollars.

Big brand named entities and moderately successful acts have money on their side. Despite you having a better record or not no one will ever know because you only did half of the step that is needed. But it's so expensive and time consuming that the average person would give up after three months of trying. Maybe saving up money for a promotional campaign would work. I mean if its truly a good record like you say it is perhaps the logical thing to do is to get the money together and put it towards a sure fire thing that will get you on the right path. I'm thinking $500 or better will definitely work. If your record is a winner.

Last edited:
Your numbers are a little off but you are right about investing in yourself.

One can't approach this game thinking that if you invest x amount that there will be a return. It doesn't work like that. It takes an ongoing commitment and having a plan to begin seeing results...

I look at it in 2 ways..
1. if your music IS in fact good enough.. then really promote it online.. pay for promotion IF it's that good.. cause if not.. your really just wasting your money unfortunately...

2. Videos that blow up and go viral .. it doesn't always cost that much money.. how much did Trinidad James pay to shoot and upload that video.. How about the bobby shmurda guy... it doesn't take THAT much money.. chief keff got famous from shooting videos in an apartment with his homies.. your really don't need alot of money.. just great music.. real shit will rise above the rest..

Back