Internship help

osbar

Hey again!!
If anyone could guide me about this it would be much appreciated.

Ok.. I can't afford a college at the moment, but want to be working in the audio industry (sound for film/tv or in a recording studio)
I already have a bachelor degree in something else and a music production certificate from SAE.

Would I be able to find an internship with only a Music Production Certificate and some other Online Courses?

First off I hate to burst your bubble, but you don't need a certificate in the music industry or a degree. I've been producing since 4 years in the next few weeks, and I'm about to be 20. I knew at 14 I wanted to be a DJ and producer;but, I didn't know I wanted to be a record producer. My best advice for you is to find someone locally in your area to intern for. I interned for a music company my senior year of high school, which in turn gave me a spot working in a label as a remixer. Luckily, I had the opportunity of being very good friends with my A&R agent, and he showed me the ins-and-outs of a record label. I have had a years worth of music consultation from one of the best A&R agents in the business, and I would be nowhere without him so the internship is an absolute must.
I would find someone locally, or go on social network sites and get someone interested in you. Use good mannerisms and don't kiss ass;because, you and a whole bunch of other people are working towards the same dream as you. I would educate yourself in the field by getting your hands on as many books as possible, and I suggest you read them like a bible. If you would like some advice, and tips send me a message and I can throw some ideas and resources your way. Before you hit me up though ask yourself if you find writing, marketing plans, cold calling, research, planning, and rejection. If you can't get a jolly out of those things the music business might not be for you. I do it full time at 20, and I love it cause I dreamed of it every single day throughout middle school, high school, and when I dropped out of college. It's extremely stressful, but at the end of the day I live my dream.

Good luck, and I hope to hear from you!

Last edited:
Back