Instagram

aweil

Any other beatmakers use instagram for promotion? I'm kind of wondering if you have found any hashtags to be more helpful than others, etc. Also what are some good hashtags to find rappers on instagram?

Hmmm idk... Instagram really doesn't help my business any bit. I got 21k followers on it but i don't have the right audience there idk how ya'll do it on instagram but mines just full of thots and no artists :cry: For a music artist yeah i could see it work. For a producer i have no idea cuz it ain't workin for me.

Last edited:
Hmmm idk... Instagram really doesn't help my business any bit. I got 21k followers on it but i don't have the right audience there idk how ya'll do it on instagram but mines just full of thots and no artists :cry: For a music artist yeah i could see it work. For a producer i have no idea cuz it ain't workin for me.

21k is a lot, but as you've stated, they are 'right' followers, it means nothing. Artists aren't hard to find on IG, start digging into the right tags.

What exactly do you guys share on Instagram?

I have struggled to find something worth sharing on there for either my music or my other websites...it's tough.

What exactly do you guys share on Instagram?

I have struggled to find something worth sharing on there for either my music or my other websites...it's tough.

Well, you can only share two things on IG images and videos so...That's what I do.

instagram is taking off man its the place to be, iv sold 2 beats on it with only 46 followers so im defo a fan of it. i'm still learning about insta so il be sure to share knowledge the more i find out!

Instagram is where it's at. I started taking it seriously about 2.5 months ago and increased my following ten fold. It really comes down to playing the hashtag game, researching and finding which are the best (and more active) ones for your target market AND CREATING HIGH QUALITY CONTENT.

Experiment to see what is the best time of the day to post that gets you the best response. For the videos, the entire process takes about 20 minutes after a beat is made, but it did take longer at first. It was just a learning curve to figure out how to make the best, most engaging 15 second videos. I think that shooting a couple of short clips, and editing them together over the wave file sounds a lot better than audio from a cell video.

Hope that helps.

Well, you can only share two things on IG images and videos so...That's what I do.
lol...I guess I should have expected such a "literal" response lol

What I mean is, with a medium focused on images and videos, I struggle to find things worth sharing without spamming the stuff I put on YouTube. I'd like to use it for original content, but it's difficult finding the right content.

lol...I guess I should have expected such a "literal" response lol

What I mean is, with a medium focused on images and videos, I struggle to find things worth sharing without spamming the stuff I put on YouTube. I'd like to use it for original content, but it's difficult finding the right content.

I don't know how to respond to that.

I struggle to find things worth sharing without spamming the stuff I put on YouTube

If you don't have anything worthy of sharing on the platform, hold off and wait until you do. There's nothing wrong with sharing the same content on multiple platforms, you just have to follow the formatting otherwise the quality drops off.

Im trying to build my instagram at the moment. Only been at it a short while but I can see the potential it has. Millions of potential people to reach.

Experiment to see what is the best time of the day to post that gets you the best response.

I tried starting a thread like this to ask that question and it was a flop. I got 3 questions for you if you can answer them please.

1 - what have you noticed is you best time & day that you posted and got engagement?
2 - I post something for a day or two and then delete it to keep myself in peoples mind and to keep my account "clean", whats your opinion on that?
3 - you have a dope page I just followed, but as the same question above. don't you think after 50 post new "Clients/viewers" will only see the first few and not bother looking down at the rest?

Back