Indie Artists opening up for Major Artist Advice?

G

Any have first hand experience on this? Of course it has to do with the promoter but as some of you know, promoters are shady and may hide themselves for as long as possible until the actual event.

Through my research you have to pay upfront or sell tickets. It also depends on your buzz and how many people you bring with you.

Advice on getting these shows?

Any have first hand experience on this? Of course it has to do with the promoter but as some of you know, promoters are shady and may hide themselves for as long as possible until the actual event.

Through my research you have to pay upfront or sell tickets. It also depends on your buzz and how many people you bring with you.

It seems you have trust issues when working with promoters. A professional promoter will not wait until the last minute to promote an event; however, amateur promoters will. It's not that difficult to get on stages or plan shows, it simply takes experience. The only question you should be asking should revolve around how bad you do want it. Pick the venues according to the audience they naturally bring in. Most venue managers will book first timers on the slowest nights. Don't let that become an excuse for putting on bad shows, and don't depend solely on your promoter to pack the house.

Everyone involved should promote and bring guest.

I just know how the majority work here in my city. Of course this is for artists as I am not one. So to that question "how bad do you want it," I can not answer. Of course the audience is most important. You wouldnt get Kendrick lamar to open up for a Plies or Jeezy concert...thats just stupid. What do you mean by slowest nights? Of course not, I would make sure Im on (the artist) and bring my own substantial crowd.

"How bad do you want it" is a general term that applies to virtually anything your want. Every club/venue has business nights and slow ones.

This may be frowned upon by some of you out there, but it sure as hell has worked for me.

Book and Plan EVERYTHING yourself. This ensures that nothing will go wrong, and everything is set up and planned how you want it to be. There's no shame in doing things yourself sometimes.

This may be frowned upon by some of you out there, but it sure as hell has worked for me.

Book and Plan EVERYTHING yourself. This ensures that nothing will go wrong, and everything is set up and planned how you want it to be. There's no shame in doing things yourself sometimes.

Two heads are better than one.

Doing EVERYTHING yourself is the absolute best way to get left behind in this business. No only that, but DIY doesn't guarantee your plans will go accordingly. This ain't Burger King, lol... Murphy's Law states that anything that can go wrong, will. Remaining open minded to working with others doesn't necessarily mean that you're required to give up power. Every professional works with a team.

Two heads are better than one.

Doing EVERYTHING yourself is the absolute best way to get left behind in this business. No only that, but DIY doesn't guarantee your plans will go accordingly. This ain't Burger King, lol... Murphy's Law states that anything that can go wrong, will. Remaining open minded to working with others doesn't necessarily mean that you're required to give up power. Every professional works with a team.

I'm in the process of finding stage hands,tour managers,venue owners,promoter to network/interview with I have watch some video but want to make some contacts.
there a guy here that does stagework for concerts I think more classical music but still I think linking up and learning from the experiences of others will come in handy like your situation Trill. Learning the pitfalls from others and first-hand as well.

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

i think slowly building up a following of your own

waiting for you to get to 21 posts here and watch out for you to include links to your work in your sig.

blessings

After some more research and speaking to some DJ's I was told you (the artist) pays the promoter who is bringing in the major artist. Depending on the act the price could range from $100-$1k. This is all that was told to me.

I actually though it was the other way around though. I was under the impression that the indie artists are paid even if a small amount because they would bring in several fans. Of course the majority would br from the major artist but if the major brings 2k and the indie brings 1.5k if they leave with there fans....thats a lot of money lost.

After some more research and speaking to some DJ's I was told you (the artist) pays the promoter who is bringing in the major artist. Depending on the act the price could range from $100-$1k. This is all that was told to me.

I actually though it was the other way around though. I was under the impression that the indie artists are paid even if a small amount because they would bring in several fans. Of course the majority would br from the major artist but if the major brings 2k and the indie brings 1.5k if they leave with there fans....thats a lot of money lost.

Indie artist rarely bring fans because most indie artist don't have any. Promoters do much more than bring major artist to events. They're also responsible for bring the fans. The only responsibility that major artist have revolves around showing up and, sometimes, performing at that event. Every business needs promoters just as often as the need people to sell their goods.

Indie artist rarely bring fans because most indie artist don't have any. Promoters do much more than bring major artist to events. They're also responsible for bring the fans. The only responsibility that major artist have revolves around showing up and, sometimes, performing at that event. Every business needs promoters just as often as the need people to sell their goods.

I understand bringing in a promoter. Its still a great idea, and not everything is on your shoulders. The Music Industry is vast, everyone has there own method. You gotta find yours, and not have people "tell you" how to do it.

I understand bringing in a promoter. Its still a great idea, and not everything is on your shoulders. The Music Industry is vast, everyone has there own method. You gotta find yours, and not have people "tell you" how to do it.

Awesome, I love to see people DIY. It usually adds to the validity of my posts, threads, and blog articles.

Awesome, I love to see people DIY. It usually adds to the validity of my posts, threads, and blog articles.
expand on this though for us sir

expand on this though for us sir

How would you like me to expand on this matter?

Back