independent EDM label. how do i legally do this?

It would seem that i have hit a roadblock. The bank is saying that i have to go through the state to do it since my name amd the account's name differ.

yes you need to register your dba (doing business as) name with the state which is a fee you can do it over the internet in most cases..
go to your secretary of state website.

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

yes you need to register your dba (doing business as) name with the state which is a fee you can do it over the internet in most cases..

but wouldn't the trademark, copyright, and patent site be easier since they're the ones demanding about $300 to get a trademark going?

but wouldn't the trademark, copyright, and patent site be easier since they're the ones demanding about $300 to get a trademark going?

you don't need to trademark your company's name
you need to have your name legally registered with your state
once you do that get a EIN
review the steps here
later you probably want to incorporate soon the better if you plan on making major moves in the next year or two...as money starts to funnel in invest 80% back into the business to improve your company's situation legal wise and watch your tax credits and govt. based/private funded business help group

sooo... you looking at demos then haha?

If he isn't I'll say at least start making with relationships with artists like yourself

If he isn't I'll say at least start making with relationships with artists like yourself

actually what i'd really like is to know who to submit music to on these edm sites and get charted success. nobody looks at you unless you have chart toppers ranging from 1-50 or even 100 on certain sites. no sense in giving out demos to other artists since they aren't spinning them at clubs and music festivals. someone stop me if i'm wrong.

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-07-2012 at 07:40 PM ----------

thanks again for the info on all the legalities. LegalZoom: Online Legal Document Services: LLC,Wills,Incorporation,Divorce & More seems to be a great all-in-one site that can take care of my dba needs. they even get tax ID for you. this will be down the line from now but at least i don't have to go in this dolomite style. lol

Back