Increase Soundcloud Plays?

Using SEO (Search Engine Optimazation) techniques has helped me. Use buzzwords in the titles, tags, and descriptions to generate traffic to your tracks. This is why type-beats work so well for promotion, as a producer. the Artists name in your titles and description will serve as those buzz words.

Other than that, the only advice I can offer is to be consistent. That will create steady traffic that will grow exponentially, though at a sluggish to modest rate.

Well there's no link in your post/signature. Always leave a link even if your not pushing it, if more plays is what you seek. That would be a start.

just never give up. It sounds corny as hell but its the truth. They will come in time, trust me. Keep going, for as long as you live.

Edit: but the honest answer is reposts from big channels. If a big channel reposts you tunes, you're good to go. Meet these people. Well more specifically meet these people who promote in your style of music. Talking to a trance channel and making hip hop isn't going to work. A trip hop channel found one of my only trip hop-ish tracks and reposted it to tens of thousands of people. So ya, there ya go. :)

Last edited:
Well there's no link in your post/signature. Always leave a link even if your not pushing it, if more plays is what you seek. That would be a start.

yes, this helped a lot. I was around 400 followers when I started using Future Producers actively about 8 months ago (i think, I'm sure somebody might look it up and call me a lier). ...but this site has helped a lot! theres a lot of good exposure here and collaboration opportunities.

Definitely link to your music on this site. This is where a lot of really talented producers virtually chill.

Last edited:
I have software for free soundcloud plays everyday.

There is one problem - the program is in Russian. But I could start translating the program if it interests anyone.

if they're fake plays, it doesn't count. If a real human plays the song, it counts.
And you have to be careful, websites are purging against the fake accounts, and I think that's good. It'll actually mean bad music wont get played, and good music can look and feel appreciated again.

Don't cheat and use fake plays. It's the worst thing you can do.

Just keep up the good work, get yourself a cool visual universe - release artworks, profile picture, cover etc. - fill the tag space when you upload music and like and comment other people stuff.

Yeah, you can start listening to other people's music that's similar to your music style and follow them, comment and like their tracks and this way many of them will notice you and do the same for your own tracks. Here's an article you could check as well: How To Promote Your Music On Soundcloud

The first thing people are going to see is your Artwork and title of the song, make sure its something attractive and compelling and it may lead to people giving your music a listen!

Yeah, you can start listening to other people's music that's similar to your music style and follow them, comment and like their tracks and this way many of them will notice you and do the same for your own tracks. Here's an article you could check as well: How To Promote Your Music On Soundcloud

This is the best approach to gain. Nothing beats that human to human interaction in terms of your music/production (LOL). People can tell the difference between the pay for play folks and those that do interact. Be patient, take the time to interact with other Soundcloud users.

put your soundcloud link in your instagram bio, then post a beat making video with caption, "link in bio for more beats #beatsondeck #music101 etc" switch your ig account to a business profile then use their promo tool to boost the post so more people see it

If you are looking for a boost I have an additional Soundcloud profile that I might be willing to let go of for the right price.. $$$
(The account is organically grown, has hundreds of followers AND is a rap instrumental account so its targeted if you are looking to put your beats in front of the right audience.)

Wanna get those numbers up? ~ don't sleep on this. Hit me.

Serious only : sftraxx[at]gmail

Last edited:
Load up on hashtags as well. It's tough, there's so much content. Keep at it though. If you're looking for other places to post (couldn't hurt to get your songs in as many places as possible), we're building a community for hip-hop producers to post tracks, get feedback, and get heard by industry players. Sign-ups are free, check us out. beatthread.com

Back