important question

musicman0331

Hi all, i recently started marketing and managing an artist/producer who has no production agreement with his label, i am having a site built for him as we speak, i manage a few other producers as well up and coming but not as established as this guy not even close, normally i see producers charge 25-50 per lease depending if there is a hook or not, i have no clue as to what to charge on his cart that we are setting up. i dont want to over charge nor do i want to undercut him, he is verified on twitter and has major distro as an artist. not sure where to take this
thanks in advance

Hi all, i recently started marketing and managing an artist/producer who has no production agreement with his label, i am having a site built for him as we speak, i manage a few other producers as well up and coming but not as established as this guy not even close, normally i see producers charge 25-50 per lease depending if there is a hook or not, i have no clue as to what to charge on his cart that we are setting up. i dont want to over charge nor do i want to undercut him, he is verified on twitter and has major distro as an artist. not sure where to take this
thanks in advance

All depends on the type of credits he has. I've come across a ton of producers as an A&R and I've seen people work with anyone from Frank Ocean to Styles P and the prices range ridiculously. I've seen a lease from guys like that go for 25-50 range. It really depends on how often that producer is getting those major industry looks and all that. If he only placed a couple times, he should still be in the lower range. Anything more solid and I'd go 50-100 for a lease.

Back